Eyelash extension prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazjp69

Reaction score
Can't believe it yesterday my mum asked me how much I charge for eyelash extensions told her I would do her some for £50 she just turned her nose up and said there was somewhere near her who was doing them for £25 and she thinks she will get them done there. How the hell do I compete with that when even my mum is deflecting to somewhere cheaper.

Things are quiet at mo and just thinking whether to reduce prices and try and get some more newbies in. What do u all think???

My advice would be, do not get into a price war! Set your price, and dont budge. Its fine to do an introductory offer if your new to lashing, but thats it. If you price yourself low, you will attract cheap clients. Trust me, I say that with experience lol

You get what you pay for!

If someone is doing sets that cheap they must be using inferior quality products or how would they make any money? ( unless they are on the dole and are using lashes as a top up lol)

I agree, you should set your price and stick to it. Im sure your time and work is worth every penny

teeside is the same.... i charge £40 for a nice set £50 full set and £20 for infills... if back within 3 weeks but close by charge £25... how i do not know do they import from china ,,, i dont know. but shes busy all day so maybe thats why. me 2 sets a day is enough, i do them with care and dont cut corners....:D i wont be lowering my prices.... i did say id do a friend for £30 after she told me about this shop but didnt price match..

£25 for what though???? In my experience what everyone thinks is a set of lash extensions is different! I would be surprised if a fully qualified, experienced lash tech will be doing up to 2 hours work for £25. But to answer your question I agree with comments above, set your prices and be confident in what you are doing! Once you start low it is very very hard to then put your prices up to where they should be. Also I have read other experienced lash tech's on here talk about reducing prices to see if work increased and it didn't so that speaks volumes!!! Stick to your guns and reassess in a couple of months. hth xx

in april i put an offer on for £65 to see if the lower price would attract more clients the findings to this little experiment were:
a) I had no more clients than what I do for £85 per set
b) those that had them done cheaper were only 1 offs and dont look after or maintain lashes
c) i was working more for less money (i know not much but still)

There are places and other mobile therapists around me that do them cheaper BUT I get phonecalls from their clients to fix their bad work and also they use inferior products. I now have lots of regular clients in each week and last week I had 10 new full sets at the full price. Im happy to have quiet weeks which i find are usually in the middle of the month, Im often much busier end and beginning of the month.

Do you think that sometimes clients get mixed up with the false individual lashes rather than lash extensions? I know some people only do the false individual lashes as people dont go for the extensions and think they are just as good. I cant see how people can charge such a small amount. x

I agree with the above, but also to be honest were you really contemplating on charging your mum £50!!!!!!!
Its your mum!!!!!!
OK if you're not close and I do think there has to be a limt on who you give freebies and price reductions to, but again, I was shocked to think that you were going to accept money from your mum.
IMO

Yes I agree with everyone else! I charge £70 for mine, and I stick to it! Yes I know its annoying:twisted: that other people are under-cutting us, but they cant possibly be making any money, they might not even be "qualified" and in my experience the eyelashes that are done "cheap" aren't applied the best, and I end up getting the calls to sort them out or re-do them, it drives me crazy too. You get what you pay fo! Set your price and stick with it you'll be fine, good luck :D.

Do you think that sometimes clients get mixed up with the false individual lashes rather than lash extensions? I know some people only do the false individual lashes as people dont go for the extensions and think they are just as good. I cant see how people can charge such a small amount. x
Yeah i do think that people get them mixed up all the time. I always say "cluster lashes" or "semi permanent lashes" so there is no confusion with my clients but I have lost count of the times I have explained the difference to my clients. Now and again someone will say that some salon in town is doing individual lash extension for £20, and yeah they are but its cluster lashes, totally different treatment!!!!

Yeh it really bugs me that salons are offering individual lash extensions for that amount, especially when there not even doing individual lash extensions there doing the clusters. The clients are then having there lashes ruined and then bad mouthing lash extensions by saying it ruins there lashes!!:twisted: Ooh sorry for the rant, but it drives me mad, its false advertising for starters and then turns everyone off of having them. I have put my price down slightly I have to say as there are a couple of people myway that do do really nice lash extensions cheaper so I'm matching them, but to be honest I'm not a great fan of them so am not too fussed if I don't get many anyway.

I would never let my mum do them anywhere else and I wouldn't ever charge her either, but I guess that is besides the point. I agree with everyone, stick with your prices - clients recognise quality and when they learn that you are better then cheapers techs, they will be coming all the time... :hug:

I wasnt gonna charge my mum she just asked me how much I charged and when i said £50 she was the one who said she could get them cheaper elsewhere and was thinking of going there. I was just saying how do I compete with that when even my mum is making out im expensive. Might let her go just to see how they are except for the fact I will be the one who has to sort it out after lol

I charge £50.00 for a full set and £25.00 for infills. Although I give 15% discount for armed forces and emergency service personnel. My hubby is a copper and he's managed to get me business from the nick so I don't think a discount of £7.50 on a full set is too bad.

The cream always raises to the top. Stick with your pricing policy .

Hopefully the lash trade will not go down the slippery slope of nails , with inferior treatments giving the industry and bad name .

Try and differentiate yourself from the others by offering differnent style sets for differnt prices . I get over £75. all day long because we give the best service

I know its hard xxx

Yeh it really bugs me that salons are offering individual lash extensions for that amount, especially when there not even doing individual lash extensions there doing the clusters. The clients are then having there lashes ruined and then bad mouthing lash extensions by saying it ruins there lashes!!:twisted: Ooh sorry for the rant, but it drives me mad, its false advertising for starters and then turns everyone off of having them. I have put my price down slightly I have to say as there are a couple of people myway that do do really nice lash extensions cheaper so I'm matching them, but to be honest I'm not a great fan of them so am not too fussed if I don't get many anyway.

Have to agree it is now awash with cr*p sorry, i will say again we get it daily people turning up with bad lashes, and the cheap one day courses are just making it worse.

I have seen some stuff from the trainers on here and that lashes are a shambles, bulk of glue near the root and far to much lattice going on,( criss cross) this is people doing it a long time!!!

If you have not seen bad sets of lashes out there, go looking its getting worse and worse by the day.

Su x

I wasnt gonna charge my mum she just asked me how much I charged and when i said £50 she was the one who said she could get them cheaper elsewhere and was thinking of going there. I was just saying how do I compete with that when even my mum is making out im expensive. Might let her go just to see how they are except for the fact I will be the one who has to sort it out after lol

Hey hun, you don't realy have to justify to anyone what you do/dont charge your mum! :( why a few are trying to make you feel like your robbing your granny i dont know, its your job for goodness sake! (for the record if my mum wanted to pay me i would take it and be gracious knowing that she was doing it because she wanted too! she wouldn't offer it if she didn't and in most cases in the past she would get quiet cross with me if i wouldnt take it!)
From my own experience i would stick to your guns regarding the price you charge, if you know you do a fab job then you are entitled to charge accoardingly! :D

The company I work for only charges £35 for lash extensions, it is NOT an inferior product and I am fully trained and have 3 years experience. I am very busy and have loads of repeat clients and have sorted ladies lashes out that they have had done elsewhere that cost them nearly £100 and were rubbish. I think we possibly should charge more for the service but my boss doesn't seem to think people will pay any more (it is a bit of a crappy area). Also I think prices maybe are going down a little now as this service is more readily available with new techs training all the time. Agree with the comments about the cluster lashes though people just don't know the difference grrrr! we charge £10 for those and have regular clients for each.

totally agree, cheap prices do attract the wrong clients, also from experience, where i am mobile and home salons start from £50 for conventional an salons £90 - £120, clients need to appreciate they are paying for a service that takes skill and also products aswell. Start as you mean to go on.
x

Latest posts

Back