Eyelash Tint Eye Pads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Just a quick question about eyelash tint pads.....do you use cotton wool pads or do you use one of the packs of pre cut pads? Which ones do you recommend?

Thanks Very Much
Sam

Just a quick question about eyelash tint pads.....do you use cotton wool pads or do you use one of the packs of pre cut pads? Which ones do you recommend?

Thanks Very Much
Sam
I never buy the pre-cut out pads.We use cotton wool round, damp,then cut staright across,shaped with scissors to meet the clients eye shape,then wipe over with vaseline(as extra barrier from staining) Voila.

Those brought ones,already cut out are a nuisance because they rarely fit the clients eyes.I just find it easier using cotton wool and cheaper.HTH

Have bought some of those pads, and am honest not getting on that well with them overall so think i will stay with cotton wool pads.

I did try the pre-cut pads for a few clients but as Babs said they very rarely fit. I have gone back to good old cotton wool pads, much cheaper and easier.

Damp cotton wool and vaseline for me. I have never tried the others. These are so simple.

damp cotton wool and petrolleum jelly for me folks:green:Teresa

Damp cotton wool and vas for me too, the pads I find don't stick to the face well and are an odd shape, i'm waiting for them to invent cotton wool pads with the shape already cut in!! :lol:

xx

he he, I find most things to do with the eyes can be tricky to master

Pre-cuts I bought, tried and then put in the bin!:lol::lol:
As everyone else said they just don't fit the shape of the eye so I use damp cotton wool and petroleum jelly.

Well its unanimous (SP) cotton wool pads it is then. Thanks chaps
Sam X

Hi, I'm not jnail, I actually work for her and am just logged in under her name till I pull myself out of the dark ages and get a computer of my own! Although I agree that cotton pads do work well, I personally find that dental bibs cut up are good too. The plastic side of the damp bib moulds surprisingly well to the eye area and when used with vasolene provides even more protection against staining. Its something I tried when I ran out of cotton pads and its worked for me ever since!

Hi, I'm not jnail, I actually work for her and am just logged in under her name till I pull myself out of the dark ages and get a computer of my own! Although I agree that cotton pads do work well, I personally find that dental bibs cut up are good too. The plastic side of the damp bib moulds surprisingly well to the eye area and when used with vasolene provides even more protection against staining. Its something I tried when I ran out of cotton pads and its worked for me ever since!

Dental bibs - never heard of these - have you got a web link so we can see what they are like.

i always used to use cotton wool, but then got fed up cutting it. so i started using the paper guards.

they arent a prolem to fit, but i always use the one side of them if that makes sense. so the edge of one i match with the inner corner of the eye, and then the other side overshoots the outer corner, but yo will get a better fit. then once the eye is closed just have a quick fiddle with it and it fts perfectly.

Dental bibs - never heard of these - have you got a web link so we can see what they are like.
They are just desk mats, plastic on one side paper/tissue on the other.
Look here. Number 4 on top ten products.
Dental

I was trained to use cotton lint pads when tinting lashes instead of cotton wool. It works a treat, doesn't budge and I would be lost without it!

It's quite hard to come by but I managed to get mine online relatively cheap and there is enough in the box to last a lifetime (well almost!).

Fortuna absorbent cotton |Health Check Pharmacy

Hope this helps.

xx

I was trained to use cotton lint pads when tinting lashes instead of cotton wool. It works a treat, doesn't budge and I would be lost without it!

It's quite hard to come by but I managed to get mine online relatively cheap and there is enough in the box to last a lifetime (well almost!).

Fortuna absorbent cotton |Health Check Pharmacy

Hope this helps.

xx

You should be able to get that from a good pharmacy. If they don't keep it in stock they can quite easily order it for you. Hth's.

I use the pre cut pads. Apply your vaseline to them, then dip them in water which makes them more flexible and they fit perfectly. Used them for about 6 years now and have never looked back.

hi i use both i cut the pre-cuts to size to fit the eye and always wet them a little so they are easier to work with , but i also use cotton wool and always good old vas !! it depends on my client and what they prefer:lol:

Latest posts

Back