Ezflow fibreglass or L & P training...???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmberlei

Reaction score
I am booking in with Caroline from Ezflow(how cool is she!), after deciding that LCN gel just isnt the system for me...weather its because im not experienced or that is was the training... However, after joing this fab site, theres so much on L & P i dont know which training to go for! I know fibre glass with ezflow produces lovely results but yet L & P seems alot harder to master but more sort after. Any advice? I wanted quick results but i know any system takes time to master!

Kim xxx

go for the l/p. as its in more demand, you will get more practice and in the long run, although its harder to master you may find you get there faster.

its good to know all 3 disciplines, add fibreglass at a later date.:biggrin:

Wouldnt it be better to learn fibreglass first and start making some money, followed by L&P?

Kimxxx

HI, I think you need to really look at where you are going wrong with the gel system first. What problems are you experiencing?

I am worried that you will just keep throwing money away switching from one system to another as it may be your technique and not the product that is wrong, and you just need more practice. I used LCN gels for three years and they are very good.

If you feel it is the training that let you down then you should contact Brenda Griffin at LCN, I have been on loads of their courses and they are great - except one, which wasn't up to par. I mentioned it to Brenda and she sorted it out for me pronto.

No doubt it is me!!! I know im not very good, and the overall fininsh of nails by an experienced technician with LCN products are very good. I can gets to grips with permenant french toes really well. Perhaps it is my technique. After reading about prep on this site, some of the problems i have experienced are propbably due to that as we did not really get any training in prep, only to push the cuticles back to make more of a surface!

I may give Brenda a call, thanks for your suggestion! I know that they are some what expensive to stock up with, can you suggest any other type of gels that are as good?

Kim xxx

PS Is 'connex' the same as a dehydrator for the nail??

Hi hun. I actually now use Creative's Brisa as I find it is stronger than LCN's phasique but still self levelling.

Are you having lifting problems or durability? I too followed the prep procedures in the tutorial and my lifting is now minimal, main one was to rub each prepped nail with scrubfresh (LCN Cleaner equivalent) for 5 seconds to really dehydrate and clean the nail.

Connex is a contact facilitator and is useful to help stop lifting. What is does is reacts with the surface of the nail to make it have a surface like brocolli (this is microscopic of course, you can't actually see it ... and it doesn't go green lol!). It therefore gives it a greater surface area that is bumpy and so gives the gel more to "grip" onto. HTH. It is NOT a dehydrator, Cleaner does that, but use it sparingly, if your swab is too wet it can penetrate into the nail plate and actually CAUSE lifting.

I know Brenda would rather you call her and keep you as a customer than just go elsewhere, she really will help you hun. Myabe you expected more from the course than you thought you would get? It may be you just need to go on a trouble shooting day to hone your skills

ps hun, it woould be really helpful if you filled out your profile detailing which products you use and the training you have done, it makes it much easier to give you advice! Cheers!

Im wondering if i do use to much cleaner?? Which would you say is best? LCN cleaner or scrubfresh??

Would you suggest me swapping to Creatives Brias?

I have also just looked at More Than White liquid...i have never heard of it before!! Would you reccomend that? if so whcih stage would you use it? Before stage one after prep and application of the tip?

Kimxxx

Sorry to be a pain!

I have switched to Scrubresh as it not only dehydrates, but has pathogen fighters too so helps prevent bacterial infections, but if you want to swap then finish the Cleaner first as it works well.

More than White is actually a liquid acrylic, but it can be used with all three systems, I only use it with Fabric# Wraps though. If I ws using it with gel I would probably apply it once I had buffed the sculpting gel into shape and before applying the finishing gloss.

Hun you seem to be very confused as to your next step in your nail career. When did you do your initial training? Which LCN gels do you use? HAve you done any subsequent training since your foundation course? How many clients do you have a week?

I can't really advise you whether to change or not as it's your finances. But I can say that all my clients find Brisa MUCH stronger than phasique, and it is very similar to apply.

I feel that i have leanrt more from this site than i did with my initial training!!!! I did my training about June / july this yr. I havent really had much success with getting a client group. However, i havent really advertised as im not confident and i also have a full time job and im a single mom!

I do have the permenant white gels from LCN but both that i purchased just doenst go on right. Either 2 thick or unevenly spread. I though the MTW maybe easier to apply?

I would love to do nails full time but until i have any sort of confidence, i wouldnt dream of it!

Im just frustrated that i cant do it!!!!!

I know, i must practice!!

Thank you for your patience! You are a real help. I know i must do something and you have given me an incentive!

Cheers

Kim xxxx

PS. Can you give me a good link to look at re: Creatives Brias products...

Ta

K xxx

OKay your main problem is a lack of practice which is bringing down your confidence which in turns means you don't get to practice. The white FM gel is quite hard to master, I too used to apply it too thick to get an even coverage, but mastered it with time, patience and practice.

This is my advice to you ... for what it's worth!!!! You have only been at nails a very short time, and only do it sporadically at that! The LCN course you trained for wasn't a cheap course and LCN are one of the main experts at gel. If you wanted to switch to Brisa you would not be able to convert, but would have to shell out for a whole new foundation course. LCN is a good gel and at this stage in your career I wouldn't recommend changing brands.

So how are you going to improve? Practice and training are key. Have a chat with one of the service advisors at LCN and ask about the skill building courses they do and how it can help you. Book yourself on one, there is no better way to improve than an expert watching over your shoulder.

The other thing I would invest in is a nail trainer - LCN now sell them, but you could advertise on Geekbay to see if you can get one second hand. They are not the same as working on a real person, but at this stage you just need to practice and you can stop and start when time allows.

Then in the Spring go to one of the trade shows in London, go and visit the nail stands and have a demo of each brand that you are interested in. I've been a gel user for 4 years and I have to say Brisa is the best I have used so far. Then once you have been with LCN for a year you could just convert to Brisa which is much cheaper.

Another option is to continue with LCN and then learn Fabric# with Designer Nails (the CND distributor). Again you would have to start at the foundation, but it is the easiest system to master and may help your confidence. You would learn the Creative way to prep etc which you could use with LCN and learn a new system into the bargain. It just depends on your finances really.

The website you need is www.designernails.co.uk. I hope I have helped and not confused you even more.

Wow!! Yeap, a little confusing but very worth while to read thanks! I was looking at the Brisa Overlay Kit that comes with instructions. I have ran out of my main gels and its make or break. I have decided after reading your post that i would like to look at using the Brisa Overlay Kit. I just need to know what products are used in which stage.

The nail trainer you mentioned....can you apply a nail and take one off? or are they jsut for practising nail art. I wasnt sure if you could use them for fibreglass or gel....

Kimxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pardon me for being a litttle dim witted but what does does L & P stand for

Liquid and powder...

Kim xxx

The nail trainer is like a fake hand!!! You can apply all systems to it as you would on a real person ... and it doesn't answer back!

Can you buy them online...??? if so any good site to click on to hun?

XXXXXXXXXX

Cheers...i have contacted her and await a reply...

Anyone any ideas how much they are new???

Kim xxx

I paid about £120 + vat for mine new.

Jsut replied to the ad - I know the trainer is sold becuase I bought about 5 months ago. Sorry Kim - not sure if there are any more on there, you could try Ebay there are always loads on there
HTH
KxXx

Latest posts

Back