Fabric# help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought the Fabric# kit and have tried it out tonight. I am finding that the silk is curling up at the edges, (i opened a new pack of silk too) when I put the #2 build on. I have waited until the #1 Bond has dried but it still does it, has anyone else had this problem? I am getting bubbles under it when it moves about. I have not used the more than white as my smiles are cr*p and its hard to practice with as it dries so quickly.

Also, one other thing, does anyone else struggle to squeeze the bottles? I have great difficulty controlling the amount of #2 and #3 that comes out as the bottles are so hard.

Rachel

Hi there,
Apply a layer of bond to the nail and let this air dry....then apply your silk onto the dryed bonded nail.....
After applying the silk, use the backing strip of the silk to press the silk onto the nail, use the bond to wet the silk slowly, let this air dry..... by the time you have wetted all ten nails, the first nail should be ready and dry for the build coating....
Use a small amount of build and pat it onto the bonded coating..evenly and slowly does it... spray activate.....
If the silk moves about after applying your build, it means the bond hasn't dryed....give it a little longer..

If you use the larger size bottle for the build and boost you will find that they are far easier to squeeze..... the tiny bottle are a real pain...... and the larger ones are much cheaper when you compare the amount of product you get for your money.....
HTH

Nailsinlondon1 said:
If you use the larger size bottle for the build and boost you will find that they are far easier to squeeze..... the tiny bottle are a real pain...... and the larger ones are much cheaper when you compare the amount of product you get for your money.....
HTH

What a way to get you to spend more money lol. I only bought the small ones to try it out.

I think the only thing that I was not doing was smoothing the silk with the backing paper. I was following the tutorial on here as I was doing it and must have missed that step. I only did one hand and did leave the first bond to dry for 5 mins before applying the silk. I then let it dry for about 3 mins before applying the build. I'll try with my other hand tomorrow and hopefully perfect it to try on my customers soon.

Thanks for your help xx

Rachel

Another thing that can help is instead of using the BOND to make the fibre disappear, use the brush-on Build instead -- using it slowly to saturate the fabric so it totally disappears (do not brush on quickly) --- I use a stippling motion. Using Build will not melt the adhesive on the fibre and the edges will stay perfectly flat for ya!!

geeg said:
Another thing that can help is instead of using the BOND to make the fibre disappear, use the brush-on Build instead -- using it slowly to saturate the fabric so it totally disappears (do not brush on quickly) --- I use a stippling motion. Using Build will not melt the adhesive on the fibre and the edges will stay perfectly flat for ya!!

THANKS!!!!

Me again,

I have had a few problems with the fabric after it was going so well too.

I did a full set of nails on a pregnant lady and she e-mailed me to say that they all fell off, I thought that is might have been because she was pregnant.

I did another set the next day and i noticed that the silk was not staying stuck to the nails. Even using the build resin to saturate it did not keep it stuck. The next set all came off, they were in one piece and no damage to natural nails. I then did two sets of silk wraps on natural nails and the same thing happened.

I have just bought new silk and having no problems with it. I kept the original silk in the zip lock bag, not touched it, I use my scissors and tweezers to get it on the nails but it doesn't seem to want to stay stuck.

I have had to do 2 full sets FOC and 2 full sets of wraps FOC last week because of it. I have never had the problem before and since using the new silk have not had the problem.

Does the silk go off???

are you removing all shine off the nail and also is your prep meticulous?
those are two things that could be contributing to the problems.

i've had my Fabric# since February, and added to it with more, and I've not had any just 'fall off'.
maybe something is coming into contact with the nailplate during the service.

my prep is

1) cuticle remover
2) scrub nails in citrusoak and dry
4) buff nails slightly to remove shine
3) scrubfresh - not using too much either.

then I apply the bond to natural nail before putting tips on and carry on as normal.

This has only happened with one particular length of silk and not had the problem before or with the new silk that came Thursday last week.

Forgot to mention Coolblue in my prep list too

it could be that the silk was contaminated by dust, especially if it isn't happening with your new silk.

It was a new piece of silk, it hadn't been near any dust, this is what I cant understand.

I had kept it in the bag it came in and had no problems with the other piece in the bag.

Latest posts

Back