Fabulous L&p!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi guys!!
Well I'm back after a wee while away, trying to get training sorted and wot not!!

Anyway, as a gel girl, I have been introduced to the world of L&P and I love it!!!
It's a lot harder to master than gel, but i love the finished result and the fact that it looks and feels so strong!!!

I practised on my own hand last night with white and clear powder. It went ok, but when I'd finished refining them and buffed to a shine, I could still see the scratch marks all over the overlay - This is the upside of gel where the gloss coat takes that all away and just leaves shine.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas that could help me with this?I would be so grateful cos i think i could be converted to l&p very easily and want to get all the good advice i can!!

Thanks Geekies!!
Love Tash

Tasha you need to make sure that you are using the right abrasives when buffing the nail.

Hi,
Use IBD Intense Seal, it eliminates buffing and fills in what scratches may be there and leaves a beautiful permanant wet look gloss. Its an excellent product and gets rid of the problem you mentioned.
xxxx:Love:

Didnt mention that you need to cure it under uv lamp but no cleansing needed after.xxx:p

if you want to get a good scratch free finish, you must graduate the file grits until you arrive at your smoothest abrasive. going too quickly from a rough file straight to a buffer will leave you with problems. it has to be a gradual process.

or

do as i and many others do, perfect your shape with a 180/240 and apply a finishing u.v gel

I graduate with grits and then when you come to use a white block, smear the nail in cuticle oil first before using it. Then buff it up with your 3 way.

Rachel Mary said:
Hi,
Use IBD Intense Seal, it eliminates buffing and fills in what scratches may be there and leaves a beautiful permanant wet look gloss. Its an excellent product and gets rid of the problem you mentioned.
xxxx:Love:

top tip there babes i do this too! however i do buff the nails first......not to TOO MUCH of a high shine though as i think the gel wouldnt like it

amb x

amber tell me more about this high shine gel and how it is applied i hate buffing the shine

Latest posts

Back