Facebook Advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DB9

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone tried using the facebook pages advertising tool for their salon? Seems a really good concept being able to target your adverts to specific age ranges and geographical areas, so its deffinately an avenue I'm thinking about, but would be good to know if people have tried it before...

Cheers

It can work very well. My boyfriend uses it to advertise his airline cards and because he can target it so well its proven quite a good return.

All advertising is a gamble, sometimes it works, othertimes it doesn't. Set yourself a budget of a figure that if nothing comes from it its not going to damage the business and use that as a test. If you notice you get quite a few clicks but no bookings it may be worth pursuing and seeing if the website needs updating.

If you get no clicks then its not worth it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Mat

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using the facebook pages advertising tool for their salon? Seems a really good concept being able to target your adverts to specific age ranges and geographical areas, so its deffinately an avenue I'm thinking about, but would be good to know if people have tried it before...

Cheers

Not sure what their rate card is but, if you do decide to buy advertising from these be sure to do so in small chunks and evaluate any business you get from using some kind of tracking then report back to these forums your success :)

Note of caution though the number of hits on Facebook is huge and people (well i for one) don't use to look for places to spend my money so although it may be targeted I imagine the referal rate you receive from it would be very low.

Facebook as the same advertising model as Google AdWords. You pay per click rather then impression. And you get set your daily / monthly budget.

Mat

I am just about to target a wider audience with facebook. What is the difference between paying for clicks and paying for views? Also what do you recommend setting the daily limit to? Wanted to give it a try for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. Thanks:)

Hi. I have a background in marketing and I have studied the pros and cons associated with facebook. Like you mentioned, the pros are that you can target within a ceratin geographical area and according to the desired age and gender of your target audience. However, the downsides are that many studies have demonstrated that people experience what is referred to as 'banner blindness' in response to ads on the internet i.e. they don't pay attention to them. In relation to Facebook specifically you need to be aware that you cannot control what context your ad is shown in e.g. when someone is looking through inappropriate photographs.

I would recommend, as with any marketing effort, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your budget across a few different activities and then measure the results from everything.

I'll be posting more marketing advice through my blog, so you're welcome to subscribe!
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back