Facebook for advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
does anyone use facebook for advertising i have and account on there but never go a rewponse through it yet so was thinking of doing a trial of there adverts and seeing how effective it is.

does anyone do facebook adverts and is it worth it?

Do you have a Facebook Group? On your own Facebook account I mean.

I've got one and get the occasional booking through it, and I sent out a message once a month to all the members.

Just thinking this might be a cheaper way to get Facebook to work for you before you spend money xx

I have a Facebook group. But only have a few of my friends as fans on the page...what do I do to get others to join it, or just increase people getting to see it? Feel like it looks like i only have 6 customers :( xxx

Hiya, no I haven't got a fancy Facebook Page, I've just got a Group attached to my profile -

Login | Facebook

There must be some way to invite people to join your page? And then with each person that joins, you could thank them in a message and say feel free to invite all their Facebook friends to join?

yours looks different from mine...apart from the fact you have way more friends than me!!! lol I will show you mine...

Advertising | Facebook

yours looks different from mine...apart from the fact you have way more friends than me!!! lol I will show you mine...

Advertising | Facebook

Yep, yours is the Advertising Page and mine's just a Group. I've looked at your page (and joined it) and you can indeed invite all your Facebook Friends to join it.

I see you're looking for models for spray tanning - you could put this info in with your invitation.

Good luck x

Thanks...I've just created a Facebook group like you have. Hopefully this wil help out too. Tahkns again for your help :)

I have an album of my work on facebook, no page because as said above I would be worried it looks like I have no clients!! LOL!! I have got so many comments and business throught this, I made the album so anyone can see it and if one of my close friends has modeled I tag them so as friends of friends of friends have seen them. My face book is kept realy tame no drunken pics etc and I make sure that my contact details are under the pics.I also have had messages from people wanting nails from this. It worked for me and I havent had to make a group, my other nail tech friends do the same and get alot of business from it as the whole world seems to be on facebook! xxxx

Tagging your friends, what a good idea. I'm away to do that right now :D

Advertising | Facebook

Hi There mine is like yours ...its an ad page. I dont have that many yet on mine but it is growing I may do a group too.

Just became a fan of yours.....:)

Denise
x

I have a group too...its going well. 20 members woop lol xx

Our group works well;

WAH Nails | Facebook

Didn't think about tagging people though- good idea!

Meg
x

It's a good idea to have a seperate facebook profile from your pesonal one! I wouldn't bother with an ad. Do a group page or fan page, invite all your friends and ask your friends to invite their friends, it will build up aventually, I have had my page for a year now and have great feedback and a number of clients too! make it visual lots of pictures, and don't abandon it make sure you message members at least once a month so they don't forget or get bored with your group. Login | Facebook

fantastic idea, just on my face book, how do I create a group????

thnks i stopped the paid adverts and created a page and group:)

Just from my tagging client's pictures, I've recieved calls. Think about it, if you tag a picture of them, it appears on all their friend's home page where the status updates are.

Soooo don't spend money, just tag like crazy. :green:

Hi,

I've never used facebook can anyone tell me how to set a group page up?

Thanks

Janine

Hi,

I've never used facebook can anyone tell me how to set a group page up?

Thanks

Janine

On the tool bar at the bottom of your facebook page there is a tab with 2 blue figures. This takes you to groups and in there is a link to create your own group.
xx

Get tagging do you know that becuse of the tagging and comments my nail pics were on the hi light list of my friends pages for weeks!!! Every time I add one new one it happens again!!!! So the nail pics are there for everyone to see sown the righthand side ACE!!! XXXXX

Another good idea, is to make your company like a person, so you can do status updates. I use facebbok to notify people of openings I have and specials (not discounting but upgraded value) offered each day.

Everyday I search for clients on FB and add them as my friend.

Latest posts

Back