Facebook for advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, facebook is cool for getting clients.

Wot I do have a facebook 'page' so people can become fans and my personal facebook linked to it.

Like twitter I treat it all like a BIG PARTY!

Have fun, muck around (without being rude) and that gets people involved.

The they don't mind if i send out something saying 'Come to my salon today - or else!'

Kidding... Sort of about the last bit.

Brend x

how do i tag people lol? yes i am slow...

ok i think i done i not sure as i cant see how to check:confused::confused::rolleyes:

I have often thought about starting a FB group to advertise but worry that local salons can see me clients details & contact them via email. Do you know if there is a way of starting a group without displaying your clients info i.e keeping members private?

Rosie x

hi sorry if I sound a bit stupid, but can someone pm me basic instructions of how to set up a business facebook page?! I have had a look at facebook but am not quite sure of it...I am just worried about it lol. Any help appreciated - how do you do a personal one and a seperate business one for example?

I am trying to edit this post-sorry I somehow missed the last page that answered my question - sorry x

I have often thought about starting a FB group to advertise but worry that local salons can see me clients details & contact them via email. Do you know if there is a way of starting a group without displaying your clients info i.e keeping members private?

Rosie x

I'm pretty sure there's an option to keep your group private, where only the members can see each other's details and where new members have to be specifically invited/allowed to join (as opposed to my group which is public where anyFacebook member can join)xx

Thanks I will have a look and see if I can find that option x

Hiya,
Groups and fanpages are fine, but you can only invite people from your personal friendlist so your personal profile can no longer be 'personal'.
Then if you're thinking about creating a personal profile for your business in order to make friends to invite, this isn't actually allowed. So if FB sniff it as a business promoting profile (others would probably alert them), they will disable your account.
Yup, I've tried this, twice even. The fact that I was on a friend adding frenzy caused a warning (I was only adding 10 each day!lol), then they just disabled it anyway as they suspected it was a business profile.
Can try posting your group/ fanpage link to your friend's walls and get current group members to post on theirs too?

Latest posts

Back