Facebook "likes"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, its not free. I just looked and to do an offer the cheapest was £64 which had a reach of 64k :( I did have £15 of fb advertising credits when I first got over 400 likes and I used it to do an offer. If only I had known it would be so expensive I would have saved it for now when we are quiet. I am tempted to do it but £64 is a lot of money if no-one buy it :( I was going to sell a pamper deal for a big discount. maybe massage, facial and 1 other treatment for £30 as a valentines offer. I was going to set up a paypal cart on my old website but link to it from my current website and do the offer as an online only offer where they have to purchase it online and received an email voucher. This way the money will be in my paypal account and I'd only have to sell 2 to and a bit to cover the costs (the money for the advertising comes out of your paypal account at the end of the promotion).

I might still do it actually. But £64 really.....

If you post the offer, then go back onto your page you can promote it for the usual £4 or £7. To run the offer is free but you need 400 likes or more, and the offer will only show to the people your usual posts appear to. Hope that helps! x

If you post the offer, then go back onto your page you can promote it for the usual £4 or £7. To run the offer is free but you need 400 likes or more, and the offer will only show to the people your usual posts appear to. Hope that helps! x

Ooh really! That's great. I'm happy to promote for £4 or £7!! Right I'm onto that next week when I'm on my hols.

I just had a quick look at the adverts part of the page, and was worried it would cost a fortune to get more likes from your target area etc. Have you had any luck with this?

I've used it a couple of times. I set it at a limit of £2.50 a day over 4 days and target women between 18-60 in my town. I've had a great response around 50-70 new likes for the £10 spend each time. All in the specified demographic and it never goes over my £2.50 limit a day (do make sure you end the campaign before midnight though or it counts as another day). I make sure I'm posting photos and stuff at the same time so people interact once they've liked and are looking around. I also found that the advert I did using a photo of a set of nails got more likes than the advert using my logo.

I've used it a couple of times. I set it at a limit of £2.50 a day over 4 days and target women between 18-60 in my town. I've had a great response around 50-70 new likes for the £10 spend each time. All in the specified demographic and it never goes over my £2.50 limit a day (do make sure you end the campaign before midnight though or it counts as another day). I make sure I'm posting photos and stuff at the same time so people interact once they've liked and are looking around. I also found that the advert I did using a photo of a set of nails got more likes than the advert using my logo.

Hi, I've been advertising on FB and could not understand why I was getting charged double. I usually put a £10 ad on a Sunday night @ 9 and finish on Monday @ 9 and was getting charged £20 but These are classed as 2 nights. I didn't think you would get a lot of likes from midnight!! I guess there's only 1 way to find out so will put 1 on tomorrow and see how many I get:)xx

I haven't paid to promote anything.

Back to the likes did you know that you can set up a 'friends' page add people then when you have a lot of friends you can change to be a page and all them friends become likes!

I found it hard starting off as a page so set up as a person and then changed it to a page I also merged it to the original page so it combined the likes as well maybe worth doing at first.

I haven't paid to promote anything.

Back to the likes did you know that you can set up a 'friends' page add people then when you have a lot of friends you can change to be a page and all them friends become likes!

I found it hard starting off as a page so set up as a person and then changed it to a page I also merged it to the original page so it combined the likes as well maybe worth doing at first.

I did that, had a profile and added people who it jiggly were in my target market. When j had over 400 friends I changed over to a FB page then merged my 2 pages and ended up with nearly 500 likes since then it's been easier getting likes. I've got 120 extra likes since November.

I average at 5 per week I'd say.

X

I did that, had a profile and added people who it jiggly were in my target market. When j had over 400 friends I changed over to a FB page then merged my 2 pages and ended up with nearly 500 likes since then it's been easier getting likes. I've got 120 extra likes since November.

I average at 5 per week I'd say.

X

How do you merge a friend page with a business page?

You can do it via the settings. If you google how to turn a profile into a page it'll show you how to do it.

I did this yesterday converted my personal profile to a page - but my personal one is still there I can post on it search engines find it & it still connects to all links I'd set up for it?? I thought it would just show up as a page now?? Also I can't merge my pages but then that seems to be a problem lots of people are having according to Facebook forums !

I did this yesterday converted my personal profile to a page - but my personal one is still there I can post on it search engines find it & it still connects to all links I'd set up for it?? I thought it would just show up as a page now?? Also I can't merge my pages but then that seems to be a problem lots of people are having according to Facebook forums !

Why can't you merge? I didn't have any problems when I did mine.

Mine took a while to merge to a page it wasn't instant then another while for the request to merge my pages (I actually merged a place, a page and a group)

X

How long did it take for your pages to merge ? I'm wondering wether it's a weekend thing & needs someone to manually merge them ? Will keep trying

I just wanted to say thank you, there are some great tips in this thread :) I'm also having problems merging my pages. I am following all of the steps, clicking on the page I want to merge, then nothing happens?

Hi! Can any of you tel me how to buy some advertisement on Facebook please?? And do I need to be on the laptop instead of the iPad to do this?

Hi! Can any of you tel me how to buy some advertisement on Facebook please?? And do I need to be on the laptop instead of the iPad to do this?[/QUOTE I'm on a laptop so not sure if you can do this from an ipad. I clicked on build audience (which is a button on the top of the page then clicked on create advert :)

Hi! Can any of you tel me how to buy some advertisement on Facebook please?? And do I need to be on the laptop instead of the iPad to do this?[/QUOTE I'm on a laptop so not sure if you can do this from an ipad. I clicked on build audience (which is a button on the top of the page then clicked on create advert :)
. Oh great! It'l try it now thanx very much :)

Hi sorry - me again!! Just about to finish up my advert - but it's asking 'campaign budget'? Then says £10.... Per day??? Also do I run it continuously??

I think you can make it where it only runs for how long you want it to. I think you can have it only advertise for like £5 a day as well. Im not sure though, i only looked at it quickly before. Never actually done it.

Hi sorry - me again!! Just about to finish up my advert - but it's asking 'campaign budget'? Then says £10.... Per day??? Also do I run it continuously??

Yeh you can change how much you wanna pay per day (think the minimum is a pound). Also you can set times/days/periods for it to run so you could do a day/week trial and then go from there I guess?

Let us know how you get on - I've often thought about doing it hence having looked into it! x

I started off doing a pound then gradually increased. I suppose it depends on your area etc and how many your ad is reaching.

Remember to start your ad @ 12 midnight and finish midnight or you will be charged double:)xx

Latest posts

Back