Facial procedure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickafish

Reaction score
I'm studying and doing my case studies for my NVQ 2 in beauty therapy. I have a few questions about the facial procedures, and I'm hoping some of you lovely geeks can help me out.

During the training days, the tutor applied and worked in the face scrub in the same manner as the cleanser- from chest to forehead. But in my notes, it says to only exfoliate the face. Which is correct or the method I should be doing for my assessment?

Another question has to do with steaming. I don't have a steamer, and I don't plan on purchasing one, but I'd like to use hot towels in place of the steamer. I'm probably going to sound really stupid (I've never had a facial til training day so I'm not too familiar with the different methods for treatment), but what's the best placement of the hot towel(s) on my client's face? I don't want to suffocate my poor client. :lol:

Many thanks in advance!

Notes and actual routines may differ because there are so very many techniques out there every one does it a little differently. For me personally I would always include the neck I always feel cheated out of money if my therapist leaves my neck out xoxo

the hot towel question is difficult to answer bc I could show you but can't explain. I kind of apply mine in a triangle, starting at the forehead going down onto the chin and neck and the back up to the forehead so that the nose is exposed and the client doesn't freak out

Hope that makes sense. Towels arrest nicer than steamers but steamers are amazing for extractions ;-) xoxo

Thanks! That's good to know. I was just unsure if they'd trip out if I did it just the way the tutor did during the training since it's a little different than the notes. I'll be using the provided steamer on the day of the assessment, but during case studies, I'm opting for the towels. I'm not in a salon at the moment so I'd have nowhere to keep one. x

Latest posts

Back