Facial-question about face masks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautylucious

Reaction score
Hi
I did an Advanced Beauty Therapy Course at the Beauty Academy about two years ago. I am only just looking to start my own mobile gig.
I know in my training for face masks we used rose water and fullers earth for oily skin....but i cna't for the life of me remember what powders were used for other skin types-can anyone help me? I seem to remember two other pots of powder that could be mixed with rose water etc, but have misplaced my notes. Thanks

hi
calamine and rose water is good for sensitive skin
fullers earth with rose/orange flower water and a few drops of withch hazel is good for very oily skin
kaolin and orange flower water with few drops of witch hazel good for oily/congested skin
magnesium carbonate with orange flower water s good for a mature skin due to its astringent properties and also helps with tightening open pores on a normal to dry skin. however im not sure if these masks are the best for clients i thought they were just for students training and college purposes but maybe there are people using them professionally

Tbh I think most therapists now use ready prepared masks from their skincare range. Even the colleges hardly ever use these now, certainly the college I went to stopped using them 12 months ago!

Which product range are you going to use?

Tbh I think most therapists now use ready prepared masks from their skincare range. Even the colleges hardly ever use these now, certainly the college I went to stopped using them 12 months ago!

Which product range are you going to use?

Hi i was thinking of Salon professional as that is what i used at training.
So you think it's best to buy ready made then??
Thanks for your replies

You can use french clays or Australian clays,Australian clays are more active. Clays are great as facial masks, they absorb oil,purify & detoxify the skin, Clays also have the ability to absorb pain eg, if you sprained your hand and put clay on it, it absorbs the pain(fun fact):)
Green clay is good for oily,congested,acne skins,it takes away the inflammation and absorbs excess oils.
White clay is good for mature skin because it is gentle and less absorbent.
Pink clay is hydrating and great for sensitive skins.
Yellow clay is good for dull skin and sun damage.
Blue clay is great for problem skin.
The only downside is that clays are messy to remove and can stain your towels, you will have to dampen the skin before removal to make it easier to get off,& make sure you don't leave any clay residue on the client this can happen sometimes.
Hope this helps.

hi
calamine and rose water is good for sensitive skin
fullers earth with rose/orange flower water and a few drops of withch hazel is good for very oily skin
kaolin and orange flower water with few drops of witch hazel good for oily/congested skin
magnesium carbonate with orange flower water s good for a mature skin due to its astringent properties and also helps with tightening open pores on a normal to dry skin. however im not sure if these masks are the best for clients i thought they were just for students training and college purposes but maybe there are people using them professionally

Hiya chick, Funny you should say this as i have just put all my face masque poweders on ebay as i now use Eve Taylor pre mixed masques.

I did Aromatherapy diploma and we used the kaolin , fullers earth etc to make masks adding essential oils to meet the clients need. This method is used in holistic facials and is very popular

Hi

Can these powders be added to prepared masque?

I brought the kit with small section of each and it also has a sheet with the recipes on. Also does anyone know of a mix using charcoal?

Latest posts

Back