Facial when pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadiyaTaniya

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a heavily pregnant lady wanting a facial next week.

Just wondering what's the best position to put her in to make her as comfortable as possible but also keeping in a good position for me to do the facial?

Thanks

Lie her on her back with a pillow, bosta or rolled up towel under her knees. Having slightly bent knees will help keep pressure off her lower back.

Good advice from jolicatellas.
However, I would not take a new client on that's pregnant, it's something I said I would not risk because it is something new to her. I worry for the world and today you have to be so careful.
If you do the facial my advice is , to keep the upper body quite raised because in the later stages of pregnancy as a heavy baby will lie over the aorta and cause her to feel faint or pass out. ( This was me at my dentist ...not nice! many years ago)
So a more seated position will be best . Personally it is a no from me, do her feet/ legs/ hands and arms instead as a trial introduction to be on the safe side.
Good luck

Thank you both for your advice . I tilted the couch up and put rolled towels under her knees and a cushion under her back . Made sure she was 100% comfortable. I didn't use any harmful products and just a plain massaged oil . She was very happy

Latest posts

Back