Fake Bake and psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone done a lotion or spray tan on a client who has psoriasis?

Would you put extra fake bake oil on the areas or would it be better to use something else?

I'm just starting up so never had to deal with this. I've noticed a lot of family and friends have psoriasis on their elbows and knees.

If you are carefull about how you go about it you can generally offer a spraytan treatment with an individual with this condition.

If they are a new customer definatley wise to do a full consultation and certainly a patch test before proceeding...discuss all the possible problems with the customer that they might well experiance ..patchy tan possabilities(where the dry skin may grab extra tan) etc.

On any particulaly dry areas just a light moisturiser will help reduce grabbing to this area.

If the condition is enflamed it really is wise not to proceed with a tan untill such time as the inflimation has gone.

NEVER SPRAY ON AN OPEN WOUND

Best of luck

My father has psoriasis, and I know that when he's really suffering with it, the patches look really sore, bright red and are very itchy, dry, and almost swollen...I would avoid these areas if they look like that.

Psoriasis generally tends to look worse than it feels, but I would definitely recommend a patch test beforehand...I would put a bit of the tan on a patch of skin that's not affected, and also a bit of tan directly over one of the patches of psoriasis. That way, you'll know for sure whether or not they will be ok with the tan over either area.

If you do get a reaction over the patches of psoriasis, or you have an area you want to avoid, perhaps a barrier balm (vaseline etc) over the area might be wise?

And definitely don't spray over broken skin! Ouch!!

hiya i read your message about about lotion and putting fake bake on, can i just say i dont know whether this may be of some help but my husband suffers with plaque psoriasis on his left leg and his knees and elbow but mainly suffers with his leg and knees being swollen i do apply a gel sort of cream from our local GP called dovobet ointment apparently it helps burn off the psoriasis if you apply that over the affected area on a daily basis it helps get rid of the psoriasis then maybe once its cleared up you could try some lotion and fake bake hope this helps melanie

hi

thanks for your comments

i was just thinking my boyfriend suffers from psoriasis. its mainly on the elbows and scalp so I might try him out with a patch test on normal skin and the affected areas on the elbows and see what happens.

his isn't as severe as some peoples and isn't broken

Latest posts

Back