Fake bake over tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeaty

Reaction score
Hi

Is is OK to use fake bake over new tattoos i.e 4 weeks old? The skin has completely healed, just concerned that the fake bake may permanently darken the tattoo?

Thanks
Andrea

I would not put anything on that tattoo apart from cream that the tattooist has given you.....the scab should have gone but it takes at least 6 weeks for the skin to heal .....if it was me i would not do it .

I got shouted at by my tattooist for fake tanning regardless of the age of the tattoo as it can alter the colour apparently. He told me SPF 50 minimum and no sunbeds! I have broke all his rules and my tatts are still fine but he uses the best inks but the one I had on my neck had faded because of the sun (I got this done somewhere else!!)

wouldnt tan over it just yet until its fully healed, but if your tattooist was good it will be fine just remember to SPF it in the sun!

I got shouted at by my tattooist for fake tanning regardless of the age of the tattoo as it can alter the colour apparently. He told me SPF 50 minimum and no sunbeds! I have broke all his rules and my tatts are still fine but he uses the best inks but the one I had on my neck had faded because of the sun (I got this done somewhere else!!)

wouldnt tan over it just yet until its fully healed, but if your tattooist was good it will be fine just remember to SPF it in the sun!

All tattooist should use the BEST ink's....regardless of cost.....did you know that years ago tattooist had a bucket and use to just wash you down when you had a tattoo.....he would use the same needles for ALL his clients.....and the ink's use to have metals in them.....thats why in summer the red raises cos it has metal in it...then they said they had to have laws for tattooist....THANK GOD.....when you have a tattoo if you sit in the sun all day with no protection....then the tattoo WILL fade just like your skin WILL wrinkle...

If you have a tattoo and you want to sunbath put a sunblock on it....the way i see it is if i went and had a tattoo...put up with the pain...paid alot of money for it...i would not let the sun ruin it....

Just for the record ...ALL tattooist SHOULD be good...otherwise people would NOT go to them...same as nail tech's ...if your work is poor you when get repeat customers or new clients....only YOUR mates....in fact, think its the same for A business.

Hey in Thailand traditional tattoos are done using bamboo and needles at the end. This is some that most Thai men have and is done by local monks. The work is beautiful usually a full Buddhist pray on the back or chest. Some have animals too. The work is all hard done, no modern machines even now. Hygiene, well that is another issue. Something not for the faint hearted. Love them but would not have one done as I am a coward and cannot look at a needle.

Hey in Thailand traditional tattoos are done using bamboo and needles at the end. This is some that most Thai men have and is done by local monks. The work is beautiful usually a full Buddhist pray on the back or chest. Some have animals too. The work is all hard done, no modern machines even now. Hygiene, well that is another issue. Something not for the faint hearted. Love them but would not have one done as I am a coward and cannot look at a needle.

You would love a tattoo...it does not hurt that bad !!!.....we watched a programe about Thailand tattoo's....it was very interesting to see how they do it and hygiene !!!!!....my hubby wants to go there just to get a tattoo done by them ....MEN :green:

You would love a tattoo...it does not hurt that bad !!!.....we watched a programe about Thailand tattoo's....it was very interesting to see how they do it and hygiene !!!!!....my hubby wants to go there just to get a tattoo done by them ....MEN :green:

Honest Thai men do not show pain, but the few western people who have had a traditional Thai tattoo scream. There is western tattoo shops in Thailand but they only do western styles, bit naff I think.

I have seen early shotts of monks mixing ink with battery acid - how safe is that. But has been done for hundreds of years so whom I to say anything.

Honest Thai men do not show pain, but the few western people who have had a traditional Thai tattoo scream. There is western tattoo shops in Thailand but they only do western styles, bit naff I think.

I have seen early shotts of monks mixing ink with battery acid - how safe is that. But has been done for hundreds of years so whom I to say anything.

The law is different in country to country ....thats what i mean how it use to be in tattoo shops ...now its soooooooooo different and sooooooo many laws that if you break one your licence could be taken away and that means you can NEVER tattoo again.....some would still do it in their kitchen.....its not allowed here....

Here you have to have 1 tattooist in 1 room that has tiles half way up the wall,tiled floor all the lastest in sterlization equitment,all the best ink/guns/needles....someone can come ANYTIME and check you out....if you look on miami ink they all tattoo in 1 room...not allowed where we are.

When i had my belly button pieced it was in a tattoo salon / shop I was a long time ago, Paula Yates just had hers done in new York and worked on the big breakfast, it was a bit iffy in there. The girl had me sat on a chair with my legs inside hers whilst she pieced my belly button. OMG she hurt me. I had to have it redone a few years later as it was pieced to far back the second shop was very professional and done on a bed. I am going of track arent `i sorry.

I have four tattoos, soon to be five! I have used the same guy for all but one of them! Then I went for a little one on my neck and because I was impatient got it done locally and its patchy as hell. All tattoo salons may abide by health and safety laws but not all tattooists are good.

I learnt my lesson the hard way, and I will only go back now to the original guy.

The reasons the salons here are so crap is I live in a small town where people don't know what constitutes as a good tatt. That said everyone asks where I got my back and arm done because they are so impressed with the detail/colour and lines etc. They turn there nose up at me when I tell them especially when I tell them the cost!

As they say you get what you pay for or travel for!

Kate

I have four tattoos, soon to be five! I have used the same guy for all but one of them! Then I went for a little one on my neck and because I was impatient got it done locally and its patchy as hell. All tattoo salons may abide by health and safety laws but not all tattooists are good.

I learnt my lesson the hard way, and I will only go back now to the original guy.

The reasons the salons here are so crap is I live in a small town where people don't know what constitutes as a good tatt. That said everyone asks where I got my back and arm done because they are so impressed with the detail/colour and lines etc. They turn there nose up at me when I tell them especially when I tell them the cost!

As they say you get what you pay for or travel for!

Kate

Then tattooist in your area should get some training...if you say they are crap....we get alot of clients cos people have seen mates of mates tattoo's done by my hubby.....infact we got told the other day that another lad got his tattoo done by a award winning tattoo artist and he told a clint of my hubbys that he wished he would have gone to my hub's instead....

Good work does spread fast but bad work spreads faster....we know one that the tattoo's are very patchy infact,the line's have gone in 2 months after the tattooist has done his job.....never mind cos they all come to us for a re-work or cover up.

Latest posts

Back