FAO all MUA....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Hi all, I have some lovely mascara's that I want to use on Brides with 'super volume' brushes etc. but how does this work if you have to use disposable mascara wands for the sake of hygiene??

Hope this makes sense.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

xxx

If you look at the pro make up shop website they have disposable mascara wands in Many different styles-my fave is called big bertha!!

HTH

If you look at the pro make up shop website they have disposable mascara wands in Many different styles-my fave is called big bertha!!

HTH

I agree, they have a large selection which makes it not so bad that you can't use the wand in your mascara bottle.
Haven't tried 'big bertha' yet so will get some of those next, but have been using 'Catwalk Catherine' and they are very good.

The only way you can use the brush in the mascara bottle is if it's brand new and you give it to the client afterwards, otherwise you'll have to shop around for disposable mascara wands. As has already been said above, look at the pro makeup shop, they have a great selection of disposables.

I am newly qualified in make up but my teacher said if you really love the brush from a mascara you can always cut it off and wash it after every use? This might get a bit annoying though so I am definitely going to check out the pro make up shop xxx

I am newly qualified in make up but my teacher said if you really love the brush from a mascara you can always cut it off and wash it after every use? This might get a bit annoying though so I am definitely going to check out the pro make up shop xxx
You could do that I suppose, but you'd have to wash it between each eye, as you wouldn't be able to dip it back into the mascara after you've used it on one eye. That or you'd need 2!

I can't imagine that you could ever 100% clean a mascara wand so for client safety it's best to use disposables.

Even if you did try and clean the wand just think how long it would take to get inbetween each and every bristle - so much easier to avoid cleaning and disposables look much more professional to a client.

Alternatively, you could factor in the cost of the mascara in your makeup application and then give it to the client as a gift.

Latest posts

Back