FAQ for spray tanning (tanners, please read)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to start a new post but I cant figure out how to do it lol ......its been a while .

Ive been trying samples from different company's as im new to spray tanning and I have to say im very impressed with suntanna . I emailed them to aked for some samples and they were posted the same day . I tried the 8% and 10 % and the colors were so nice .look really natural and brown not a hint of orange lol .

So i bit the bullet and ordered some 250ml bottles to practice a few more tans on my friends . Items were ordered yesterday and the delivery came today they even sent a text to me to say the delivery would be there between 10-11 hows that for service .I know a lot do this but how many are on time lol

I have yet to try the 14 and 16 % but i will let you know when i do .
this is the best so far but i have a few to try and compare it with

I've just order the samples in la tanning 10 gold which is more of a golden tan and 10 normal which is more of a brown shade both for medium skin. So me and my sister will test them out see wot we think before we buy.

Hiya! I know there's hundreds of threads about spray tanning but I just want to ask a question!? Ive got the hvlp maxi mist, using about 90mils per tan, my gun has Been turned down a lot to the extent it's quite tough to press, the front dial is at 10 to 5, is there a different way I should be putting my dial? I do spray horizontally, should I be spraying a different way? The spray tans always turn out great! Xxx

What a great thread! My recommendations on this tread are removal of a tan.
Exfoilate when it naturally begins to fade.
Microfibre cloths are great as an exfoilator. As are mitts.
Any Oil -leave for at least an 1hour and it will help strip a tan off, the longer your leave it, it slides off!
Stubborn marks can be off with a citrus/fresh pinapple juice lathered on skin.
Facial clay masks are also great to remove a unwanted tan-these get into the pores and strip out!
Not to forget, oil based mositurers, normally you would avoid, but when you wana get rid these are great! hths xoxo

hey guys just a quick question!
I need to buy more solution for the first time since start up! *exciting!*
I've been using the bottles of 300ml and taking them with my in my suit case to clients and filling up there.
Should I buy the 300ml or the litre? If I fill up my 3 cups of each solution of say 100 will they be ok in the cups for a long period of time?

Excellent advice for all newbies :)

Literally did my training with Nouvatan today and this thread is fab!x

So...would this be the right place to ask a Question about Insurance for Mobile therapists here?? :confused:

So...would this be the right place to ask a Question about Insurance for Mobile therapists here?? :confused:

Hi your probably better to post in the main forum as this more of an info thread :lol: might be worth doing a search first as there was a few threads recently about insurance. Mine is with salon gold if that helps at all x

NewGeekGem! I was looking into Salon Gold too,as the others looked too complicated. I was only stuck when asked about claiming up to 1K on salon equipment which added more to the total. Is that needed or did you just do the basic £4* package? Thanks in advance :)

NewGeekGem! I was looking into Salon Gold too,as the others looked too complicated. I was only stuck when asked about claiming up to 1K on salon equipment which added more to the total. Is that needed or did you just do the basic £4* package? Thanks in advance :)

I didn't get the equipment cover as I only do spray tanning at the minute but I suppose if you had a salon with lots of equipment then it's worth getting x

This is so helpful, thanks for doing this for all us newbies! x

Hi Geeks,

After several searches and also reading through this thread I do have one question still although I'm pretty sure I already know the answer I just wanted to check!

When doing a tan party and having to use two or more different % do you have to clean your gun when changing to a different colour?

Thanks all.

:)

Hi Geeks,

After several searches and also reading through this thread I do have one question still although I'm pretty sure I already know the answer I just wanted to check!

When doing a tan party and having to use two or more different % do you have to clean your gun when changing to a different colour?

Thanks all.

:)

I just do the lower % first cleaning the gun would be too much hassle x

Hi this is great, thank you. Lots of time saved! xxx

Hi all SG's
I'm training for sienna x on tues 25th but going to Olympia beauty on Monday 24th, now I want to train with my own machine, so the big question is; do I buy a machine (I want the ts50) and additional bits (sienna x tent, solution, sticky feet etc) online this week, or should I wait till Olympia beauty in the hope for a bargain??
This is the first year I've been to Olympia beauty, so I'm not sure how good the offers are?! If anyone has any idea please let me know ASAP, as I need to make a decision soon, to allow for delivery :-D
Thanks xxx

Hi guys,just a quick question-I tanned a client last night and I've txted her today to see if she's happy with it (like I do with all my clients) she said she loves the tan but her face looks dirty (her words) I've been tanning for over a year now and never had any1 say that b4 any ideas why this could of happened ? I used la tan 10%
Thanks in advance

I've been working part time as a spray tan therapists for nearly 12 months as well as working full time and I love it :lol:

It's unsociable hours - Thursday and Friday are my busiest evenings but I've met some lovely people and have a great client base of clients.

I only use Nouvatan products because I'm a big believer in promoting what you believe in and out of all the products are there, Nouvatan is the only tanning solution that I've been happy with when I was a client.

A few things you need to think of if you're planning on starting a business is the following
- make sure you market your business well. This can be done through various free websites and social media but I also pay annually for a website and domain name to make sure I'm found where people use google.
- make sure you are insured
- keep a record of the money you've spent on products etc and the money you have made. This will help to track what progress you've made but you might need this information to prove to hmrc your annual earnings so make sure you keep receipts
- create links with other fellow spray tan therapists in the area. Know your competition and it also good to refer clients to others if they are out your area on the basis they refer clients to you
- keep in touch with your clients regarding holidays, feedback and any spare appointments. I always take my diary to appointments and encourage the client to book their next tanning appointment. They can always cancel if they change their mind

Hope this helps xxxx

Latest posts

Back