FAQ's - What are yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is supposed to be in Biz Geek, so mods please feel free to move it if you feel it should be somewhere else :)

I was just wondering what your most common FAQ's are to do with your business? I'm always asked if acrylics are ok 'because don't your nails need to breathe', 'how many times do I need to be waxed', 'will waxing hurt', and 'why do I need a patch test for spray tanning or tinting'.

Any more? :)

Sarah. xx

I'm not sure this is supposed to be in Biz Geek, so mods please feel free to move it if you feel it should be somewhere else :)

I was just wondering what your most common FAQ's are to do with your business? I'm always asked if acrylics are ok 'because don't your nails need to breathe', 'how many times do I need to be waxed', 'will waxing hurt', and 'why do I need a patch test for spray tanning or tinting'.

Any more? :)

Sarah. xx

lol good thread!

I get asked if I do spray tanning alot. Even though thats all I have on my website DOH!

And 'you won't make me go orange will you?'! I should flaming hope not!

And people seem to care how long I have been doing my job. :eek: Had that asked a lot over the last couple of months. Only recently though. Perhaps I now look so old they need to ask lol!

Kate x

I get asked....

How long have you worked here ( i look about 17 @24) ?

Where did you learn to thread isn't it an indian/asian thing ?

Does laser actually work?

And yes the" why do i have to have a patch test ?" this one if they kick up a fuss i explain what could happen to there eyes .

spray tanning

'will the tan go orange?' Get that one a LOT!

'How many tans do you do?'

'Do i need to take my face make up off?'

waxing

'can you just take a bit more off?' those that book in for a standard bikini and end up having a brazilian!

'how long does the hair need to be?'

'how long do i leave in between waxes?'

hair

' i don't want a cut but can you just trim the ends off please?'

spray tanning

'will the tan go orange?' Get that one a LOT!

I do too. And I reply, 'Only if you decide that's the colour you want, I can arrange it!' :evil: :)

'Do i need to take my face make up off?'

Yep. You sure do.

waxing

'can you just take a bit more off?' those that book in for a standard bikini and end up having a brazilian!

Yep, I get this one too :rolleyes: I tell them I'm going to have to charge them though! Usually I then get met with, 'Oh, I suppose it's ok as it is then'

hair

' i don't want a cut but can you just trim the ends off please?'

Lol! I like this one :)

Number1kitty, I'm sure you don't look that old, lol!

And I didn't realise you had to be Asian or Indian to perform Threading!

Good one's girls, keep 'em coming!

after tips are applied EVERYONE asks ''does anyone ever keep them this length?'' or something similar and i laugh as if ive never heard it when really im laughing cos evry new client without fail says it lol

after tips are applied EVERYONE asks ''does anyone ever keep them this length?'' or something similar and i laugh as if ive never heard it when really im laughing cos evry new client without fail says it lol

:lol: very true!!

yeah, people who you ask, do you want your hair cut...no, just the ends off it. The ends of are a cut!!!!!! lol makes me laugh!!!!!

I get asked are you good at cutting long/short/thick/fine hair...duh.

all good fun things...used to get offended about things like this but now I realise its nothing personal!!

I got asked the other day....brace yourself for this one...'' Is it true that having nails on while your pregnant can cause birth defects?'' !!!:eek: you can imagine my reaction!

OH GOD!!!

I got asked if it was safe to drink a can of cider when hair colour is on or if it would make the colour go funny...I was doing a home call, not in the salon xxx

I get asked
"how do you know where to cut?"
Doh! I do it for a bloody living!
and
"how do you make it look so easy?"
I practice. A lot. We are in trouble if I look like i'm struggling.

I too get many off the above,
always the "how long you been doing this?" whilst in the middle of a brazilian etc, I always want to say "its my first day" but dont think the client would find that funny!!

I do get whilst waxing legs "will it wax my tan off?" (always when they have a natural tan from abroad) everyone seems to ask me that one!:irked:

Emma x:hug:x

oh yes the threading causes quite a problem sometimes , i had one girl say white girls shouldnt be threading this is after i had her in the room and she the refused to let me do it.
then the other day i had "iv never had a non asian do my eyebrows" , needless to say she complained about me said i didnt do enough even thou she told me to just do a little bit because they where thinnning...... :rolleyes: any way that ones a long story but i dont she'll be coming back.

Do any of you guys have certain clients call the salon during a very busy week asking for an appointment with you, to be told by the receptionist/whoever answers the phone that you are fully booked, then they say
'' BUT CATHY KNOWS ME, I'M SURE SHE'LL FIT ME IN SOMEWHERE, CAN YOU GET HER TO CALL ME BACK? '' :mad::mad::mad:
Aaaaaaargh!!!
Why do they think they are special?
Don't they realise that we know LOTS of people??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ha i got asked the other day "can ear piercing paralyse you?"...... i wasn't sure if she was joking or not....but to my astonishment she was being serious lol x

Latest posts

Back