Fast Track Courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookies

Reaction score
Hey Girls, i think this is my first post on here!

Well i'm mega confused at the moment. Im currently studying NVQ L2 Beauty Therapy on a part time course in Solihull.

I want to continue to do my NVQ L3 but I am also wanting to move in with my boyfriend who is in the air force, and likely to be getting posted to the Peterborough area around december time. so I am starting to worry about what courses to go for as most start in september time.

I have seen a few Fast track/intensive courses, along with home study, has anyone done one of these before?

I see there are plenty of approved NVQ training providers for these types of courses, but are these qualifications worth the paper they are written on to employers? Any personal experiences or help would be much appreciated

Welcome to the site!!! I want to offer my personal experience. I wanted to take a fast track course but I am afraid they don't exist! Being a nail technician requires serious commitment and it takes years of practice and continued training to get there. I started in 2007 and its flown by but I am always looking to more experienced techs for advice and support and I am still not fully competent. I always shrugged off warnings about fast track courses as I'd "heard it all before" but now I look back at £800 of training that gave me no real training! I can only hope that my talking about it will help others to go for a recognised (in class) training course. I know its scary but dont let that stop you. If you want it bad enough you will travel where ever for that priceless tuition!!

HTH x

Welcome to the site!!! I want to offer my personal experience. I wanted to take a fast track course but I am afraid they don't exist! Being a nail technician requires serious commitment and it takes years of practice and continued training to get there. I started in 2007 and its flown by but I am always looking to more experienced techs for advice and support and I am still not fully competent. I always shrugged off warnings about fast track courses as I'd "heard it all before" but now I look back at £800 of training that gave me no real training! I can only hope that my talking about it will help others to go for a recognised (in class) training course. I know its scary but dont let that stop you. If you want it bad enough you will travel where ever for that priceless tuition!!

HTH x

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, and for your advice :D

I was pretty sceptical myself to be honest and you have re-affirmed my right to be suspicious so thank you :D

I am looking into tuition at a private beauty school for my NVQ L3 as i need a full time job and with a mortgage will not be able to study full time, which is all i can seem to find in the normal college route..

Obviously going to college is much cheaper than private tuition but i have seen courses ranging from 1000-5000 for NVQ L3. Any idea of how much is TOO much to pay for a course?

xxxxxxxx

You could call sweet squared for advice. they have a great course which I think is five days over a period of time as a starter and will give you the training you need to get started, then you can take further day courses with them. I am not trained with them yet but i will be asap. Give them a ring and see, they are lovely and will get you on track. They will also send you any info you need regarding courses and fees. x

Latest posts

Back