The Federation of Small Businesses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1201

Reaction score
Is anyone a member? If so, has it been beneficial to your business? I've been approached by a rep from them who wants to come and have a chat with me but not sure if I need it at the moment (I'm just a one woman business!)
Thanks for any advice

Some time ago I was involved in network groups which I really enjoyed, and a lot of people I met were members of the FSB. I think there are a lot of benefits, whether you are a one woman business, or whatever.

I must admit, I'm not a member, but would quite like the opportunity to talk to someone about the benefits. I think several geeks are members, so it would be good to hear from them!

I would probably take the offer of a free chat to find out more!

Vicki x

Hi Vicki
Thanks for the reply! Yes I'm definitely taking the chance of a free chat and see what my options are. I just hate to waste anyone's time, especially my own! It can't hurt to get some advice though.
I've seen a lot of your posts about jane Iredale and environ and I'm taking on the make up at the end of this month! I can't wait, also hoping to take on environ this year. So thank you for the advice you've given on here about that too!
Laura

I am a member and have been since the day I started in business 7 years ago.
The biggest benefit for me is the free business banking with the Co-op. With a turnover of over 200K a year believe me it would cost a fortune if I had to pay for it!
I also feel reassured by the jury service cover. My brother in law was nearly bankrupted by a 16 week murder trial years ago when he was wasn't working for all that time, and you can defer your civic duty only once.

Wouldn't be without the membership now if only for the savings in the bank charges.

Wow sounds great Lynne. Definitely gives you peace of mind then. With regards to the free banking, I wonder how easy it would be for me to switch banks, my free banking ends in march so that's something for me to look into!

Who is a member?
I am looking for free banking, as at the moment I am paying around £600-700 a year in fees.
I see they do banking with coop. Do any of you use them?

Also what else do you use from the benefits?

I doubt I will use anything else - what's your views guys?

X

Last edited by a moderator:
See my post above ^^^

Just to let you know you can get free business banking with santander! X

I think the fee free banking with them lasts only a year.

Yes it is only for a year as I'm with Santander now!

Free banking aside ( I get thatanyway with my bank) think the other benefits depend on who the other group members are in your area and how active they are. I used to be a member many years ago, but found it's use limited for marketing / benefits / business support.

Thanks Lynn! Think I'm going to go for it for the free banking.

They provide full cover for tax inspections - they take over and do it rather then your accountant charging a fortune.

They are the massive insurance brokers so can get great deals on insurance.

And they do one thing that I am not really aware of any of the beauty associations doing. They lobby the government on policy and red tape and laws that effect us as small businesses.

Definitely worth membership!

Latest posts

Back