Feedback wanted for my first radio advertisement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailman

Reaction score
Hi ya Geeks,

I have been fortunate enough to successfully barter my services for ads on a local radio station. I have 80 commercials which will run three a day until they are gone. I think this barter thing will provide a good way to see if radio is the way to go.

Anyway... read it.... critique it ..... be harsh..... but not too harsh as I am very sensitive. It will be 60 seconds long, and under two hundred words,Thanks.

"Ladies.....Too busy to get to the salon? No time for yourself? ......Dont worry ... Let NailTrips Mobile Salon come to You. NailTrips Is the First And Only Mobile Salon in the State of Wisconsin. Bringing professional beauty services conveniently to your Home or Office.

From Luxurious Spa Manicures and Pedicures, sculptured acrylic nail enhancements, to specialty Senior Citizen services, NailTrips Mobile Salon provides pampering to homemakers, seniors and business professionals at Wisconsin's Largest Corporations

Planning a party? From our Little Diva Nail Parties for 5-12 year olds, to complete bridal sevices NailTrips will tailor a party package to fit any occasion.

Guys we haven't forgotten you... NailTrips provides hand and foot Detailing services to make those grimy hands of yours look just like your wifes favorite SoapStars.. NailTrips will also get you out of hot water in a jiffy with our Doghouse deals that deliver a manicure, pedicure and a dozen vased roses to your special someone, so relax, watch the game.and let NailTrips Mobile Salon pamper your princess.

For your appointment call "The Nailman" at 262-945-1613 or visit www.nailtrips.com

NailTrips Mobile Salon... "Big or Small... We Nail Em All"

So whadda ya think?

Nailman.

P.S Geeg can I use some of your Myths and Fables? I will be starting a monthly feature in a local magazine answering reader questions about nails. And You Are Brilliant. Much more so than I.

Thanks Again,

Nailman

love the bit about the doghouse!! hope you get loads of calls from it x

My Favorite part of the whole bunch of gobbldy-gook is........".BIG OR SMALL.. WE NAIL EM ALL." LOL.. I crack myself up sometimes.

If you cant have fun with it ..stay in bed.

Nailman

I think it sounds great, very catchy and you've covered everything and everyone. It is a really good idea, I've never heard nails being advertised on the radio, let us know how you get on

No plastic tips are applied. No glue is applied. By using this process we can eliminate the damage that some people associate with acrylic nail services.

taken from nailman website...

Not sure I entirely agree with this quote.... surely its not tips and glue that cause damage? Even if a tip was sculpted on but bitten off etc damage will still occur. What makes you say plastic tips and glue can cause damage? x

Aspirations said:
taken from nailman website...

Not sure I entirely agree with this quote.... surely its not tips and glue that cause damage? Even if a tip was sculpted on but bitten off etc damage will still occur. What makes you say plastic tips and glue can cause damage? x

When properly applied and balanced you shopuldnt "pop off" a tip.... however...
Nail adhesive is verrrrrry strong, break off a tip applied with adhesive and there is a greater chance of damaging your natural nail (cracking , splitting etc...)than when you break off a sculptured enhancement. My opinion ....

Nailman

I like your ad - would be interested in results in appointments, enquiries etc. - I've not heard a nail salon advertise on the radio in the UK so it would be very interesting to hear how it goes - good luck :D

nailman said:
When properly applied and balanced you shopuldnt "pop off" a tip.... however...
Nail adhesive is verrrrrry strong, break off a tip applied with adhesive and there is a greater chance of damaging your natural nail (cracking , splitting etc...)than when you break off a sculptured enhancement. My opinion ....

Nailman

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the above.......if pulled off any overlay properly applied and pressed into place and therefore bonded with the nail plate will do just as much, if not more, damage than a tip applied with adhesive - the overlay will be attached to the whole of the nail bed and therefore has a greater surface to damage as it is ripped away - a tip just on the edge will only affect the free edge.

I also feel that in our industry we really should only ever deal in facts not opinions

I truely mean no offence at all Nailman, but we do enough battles with the general public over rumour, fiction and misunderstanding - facts cannot be denied.

Best regards

Trin

Good luck with your nail ad - hope it brings you plenty of nail biz !!! :hug:

Trinity Nails said:
I like your ad - would be interested in results in appointments, enquiries etc. - I've not heard a nail salon advertise on the radio in the UK so it would be very interesting to hear how it goes - good luck :D

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the above.......if pulled off any overlay properly applied and pressed into place and therefore bonded with the nail plate will do just as much, if not more, damage than a tip applied with adhesive - the overlay will be attached to the whole of the nail bed and therefore has a greater surface to damage as it is ripped away - a tip just on the edge will only affect the free edge.

I also feel that in our industry we really should only ever deal in facts not opinions

I truely mean no offence at all Nailman, but we do enough battles with the general public over rumour, fiction and misunderstanding - facts cannot be denied.

Best regards

Trin

I have to agree with Trin, particularly important if you are going to be doing articles on Myths and Fables!!

Hiya, i thought there was no strength in a tip so alone if it broke i wouldn't have though any damage would happen, its the product that makes the strength so surely the risk of any such damage is the same whether its sculpt or tips.

When a tip is applied to a prepared nail plate, then an overlay is applied on the nailplate, is it not covering the entire nail(with the exception of the tip itself)?
So if you pop it off, you are saying that only the free edge of the nail could possibly be damaged? Are they not attached from cuticle to free-edge,?

I say a sculptured nail will create less damage if broken off at the free-edge, not ripped from the nailbed. If you break off a tip applied with resin there IS agreater chance of damage to the nailbed because the resin is EXTREMELY STRONG AND IS FORMULATED TO REMAIN ATTACHED TO THE NAILPLATE, which could and usually does happen resulting in cracked nailbeds and an extremely painful, uncomfortable situation.

And sculpts are generally stronger when applied correctly and should result in less breakage anyway. Tip/overlay create a natural breaking point where the tip is applied.

So anyway what did you think of the advertisement?

When a tip is applied to a prepared nail plate, then an overlay is applied on the nailplate, is it not covering the entire nail(with the exception of the tip itself)?
So if you pop it off, you are saying that only the free edge of the nail could possibly be damaged? Are they not attached from cuticle to free-edge,?

No they are not attached from cuticle to free edge.... just above the natural smile line. what I think you are refering to are nails that are stuck onto the entire nail plate (the sort of thing you could buy from a drugstore) No qualified nail technician would be applying these....would they?

I still stand by my original post. Sculpted nails my be stronger than tips but do no less damage if caught, bitten etc..

other than that the ad is great! x

What are you thinking?

Hi Nailman,

I think your ad sounds fab and couldn't think of anything that would improve on that. Do keep us posted on how you get on - I am sure your phone will be ringing non-stop.

With regard to the possible damage to the natural nail with any sort of enhancements, why mention damage at all? I think you are only planting a negative seed in the public's mind. I am sure you will get great custom without trying to scare people into using your services. Scare-mongering does the nail industry as a whole a disservice.

Good luck!

nailman said:
The overlay covers both the nail plate and the tip - whilst building in your high arch at the stress point to strengthen the most vulnerable area (ie. the stress point) which, if you have pre-tailored your tips, will co-incidently also be the just above the blended tip join, also adding some re-inforcement to the tip join.

If you put a tip and overlay extension under pressure, it's possible it will break at the tip join, if this happens you will find the overlay product remains securely attached to the nailplate causing only damage to the free-edge where the blended tip was. It is also likely and possible that the whole tip and overlay will come off - it is also likely that a whole sculpted nail will come off - the situations are not mutually exclusive of each other.

I say a sculptured nail will create less damage if broken off at the free-edge, not ripped from the nailbed
A sculpted nail properly adhered to the nail plate (free edge or pink) will do the same amount of damage if it's broken as if a tip is broken.

If you break off a tip applied with resin there IS agreater chance of damage to the nailbed because the resin is EXTREMELY STRONG AND IS FORMULATED TO REMAIN ATTACHED TO THE NAILPLATE
Creative Retention+ is formulated to bond to the keratin in the nail plate and therefore remain attached to the nailplate - I personally have found Retention+ to be stronger bond than adhesive

which could and usually does happen resulting in cracked nailbeds and an extremely painful, uncomfortable situation
If a tip has been correctly pre-tailored, adhered and blended, it won't be anywhere near the nailbed to cause that kind of trauma

And sculpts are generally stronger when applied correctly and should result in less breakage anyway. Tip/overlay create a natural breaking point where the tip is applied
Agreed on both points - however tip and overlay has it's place in the world of enhancements and extensions - how for instance would you deal with a cronic nail biter? There is no free-edge to catch a form under, you run the risk of over-exposure if you are allowing product to come in contact with the skin

A couple of other points:-
Acrylics - is a misnomer for Liquid & Powder enhancements (acrylic is the family from which all enhancements are derived)
Glue - is the wrong terminology for the adhesive used in nail treatments
If you are planning to write for magazines you need to remain inpartial and not express opinions, only facts

So anyway what did you think of the advertisement?
I did say I liked it

I liked the ad Nailman, how is it being done ? a young man's voice a young ladies or someone sort of singing it, sorry do like an ad.x

Got all the relevant information in it, appeals to all sorts, the doghouse bit worked well for me on valentines day as men do tend to be a bit forgetful sometimes or leave things to the last minute, nice touch the flowers as well, id appreciate it, so maybe follow it up with an ad in the local paper or freebie paper so the ladies can leave it laying around for their men to see.

let us know how you get on
x

Glue is a term the general public recognizes. I really try to educate my clients on the proper terms . We all know that we use resins to attach tips. I understand everyones point . If it makes everyone happy I will remove that from my page.

Lol, and thank you all for the feedback, gotta go nail'em now . Chat soon

Hi ya Marvin,
Well you sold it to me.............
I like it , so happy advertising xxxx

Latest posts

Back