Feel like giving up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CStorrie1989

Reaction score
Hey geeks :) really need some advise and a wee pick me up! Had such a bad day everything tht could go wrong did! I'm qualified in hnc beauty therapy and have additional qualifications in eyebrow definition and semi permanent eyelashes which I am still practising at but feel nails are my biggest strength. Ive been mobile for a few months now Anyway was doing a clients nails using white tips which I've never had any problems with before but this time they would jst not stick!! I tried everything I could think of but nothing worked! Feel like this has really knocked my confidence and wether its worth the stress anymore! Sorry for the long post jst need to vent lol xxxx

Hey honey

I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad day ;(

Take a deep breath and think rationally about why the tip would not adhere. Have you treated this client before? If so any probs previously? Was your prep thorough, did you dehydrate the nail? Was the glue / tips your usual brand? Has your glue been exposed to anything that could damage it? Heat, lid left off? Have your tips been kept away from other solutions? Nothing has spilled onto the tips or anything? There will be a logical explanation for this, it is certainly not worth giving up!

You are just having a bad day hun, grab a friend and do them a full set and fabulous nails x this will restore your confidence and earn brownie points with your friends :) x

Keep your chin up x

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've used the same nail tips and glue many times and never had a problem with it before but have never did this particular clients nails before. Ive jst been feeling down about my work in general and I think this just pushed me over the edge. But its a brand new day can only get better :) xxx

I have a client who has a pace maker and tips do not stick to her so I need to sculpt her nails! Not sure if it's down to her medication or her pace maker.
Good luck

Oh i hate days like that.. Hugs xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I read on a similar post to this, someone advised to use resin activator when tips will not stick. Might come up if you have a search xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

There's a million reasons why they couldn't stick - all of them likely to be absolutely nothing to do with you. I struggled a lot to get my friends tips to stick and we put it down to her pregnancy. Medication could also be the culprit. Before I qualified a very experienced nail tech told me a story about her not being about to get the tips to stick on a client and she tried everything and in the end the woman realised that's she'd not told her about the medication she was on.

I know it's easily said but try not to feel down about it - I truly believe its not your fault

x

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've used the same nail tips and glue many times and never had a problem with it before but have never did this particular clients nails before. Ive jst been feeling down about my work in general and I think this just pushed me over the edge. But its a brand new day can only get better :) xxx

Thats the spirit x we all have times like that hun x

I had the same happen to me not so long ago this tip just would not stick the rest were fine.

The client though it was so funny and said its just a problem child lol in then end it stuck just fine x

Thanks everyone for the replies! Just think it was a bad day. Did a few sets after and it was fine. Just must have been one of those days lol xxxx

Latest posts

Back