Feeling defeated, what am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cridelbuono

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!
I'm about to really give up my beauty business as it's really not going anywhere.
I offer a lot of different services: waxing, nails, facials, mani/pedi, spray tans, lash treatments (LVL and extensions) and I'm also a hair & makeup artist; I live in Oxfordshire, so should be a quite reasonable area. I used to do beauty when I was in Italy years ago, then left it when I moved to England; I decided to try again and retrained, investing an horrendous amount of money and started pushing my home-business from last year, around September. I'm active on social medias, been spreading flyers all over the town, always post promotions and reply to every message as quick as possible and, without being full of myself, I know I'm good at what I do. I know it hasn't been a very long time since I re-started, but unless I'm posting "I'm working for free" promotions, pretty much NOTHING is coming in, other than them 2/3 regular brow clients.
I feel I'm loosing enthusiasm and I feel very defeated as I'm really trying my best but I'm not seeing any result.

Do you have a web site, loyalty schemes, refer a friend etc?
The market is saturated and you have to stand out from the crowd.. post pictures of your work on the usual social medias not just lashes but all your work... It does take time to make a business work.. Keep on persevering!!

If you only started promoting your home based salon in September then it's still really early days.
It takes about 3 years of hard work and constant promoting to fill a week of appointments - even then, you will still have quiet weeks.
There are are lots of threads here on salon geek to read about promoting yourself when starting out.
Have a long read and make a list of all the things you have not yet done.
Target your market very specifically so anything you spend on advertising really generates bookings.

Latest posts

Back