fibreglass or gel ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi i am now wanting to start doing a bit more training , and want to do all 3 systems but cant decide which to do first ?
i am leaning towards fibreglass coz i am getting a couple of clients who i think would be good candidates for it
help me decide coz i am going round in circles :rolleyes:

Hi Dee - If you are currently using L&P, I would suggest that you do Fibreglass. I say this cause I think it is a good alternative to L&P and I think it would be easier than gel to learn, although like all systems it is practice, practice, practice which helps you master it. I'd suggest you get a Fabric try me kit and see what you think x

Hi

OOOOOh yes i want to try FABRIC, Ruth's piccys make it look fantastic!!

However, Gel in our area is certainly more popular.

A mate of mine has just purchased a kit from NSI which includes a DAYLIGHT 4 tube lamp with timer and LOADS of gel to get you going (its a file off Gel).

£100 BARGAIN !!!!!! its normally £200 i think. The lamp would normally cost you £100 ish

http://www.nsinails.co.uk/ think thats their link

Look up Christmas crackers or Winter deals or ring them they are so helpful

HTH Ambx

dee said:
hi i am now wanting to start doing a bit more training , and want to do all 3 systems but cant decide which to do first ?
i am leaning towards fibreglass coz i am getting a couple of clients who i think would be good candidates for it
help me decide coz i am going round in circles :rolleyes:

Hi Dee. i agree with Chris that Fabrics a great 2nd choice, its fabulous for natural nail repairs and its less costly as an intitial outlay compared to Brisa..once you've mastered Fabric then you could use the profit from that to learn Gel...

Personally I have still found wraps the easiest system to learn to date...hth

It's got to be Fabric# - I love it :Love:

I just really like the steps, there's a logic and simplicity to it, once you've got the hang of it

And I love the finished result

I agree with Fab Freak too regarding cost - I did my Brisa conversion but don't do many gel at all, but quite a few Fabric#

I'd agree with the others to go for Fabric and then gel. But if and when you do choose gel then I would really recommend a conversion course. When I switched from l&p to gel I realy struggled for a while as the application technique and brush control are so completely different, it's like starting from scratch again. HTH

thanks guys , you confirmed wot i was thinking ,i think i will do the fabric course first then the gels ,
that 'll be me on the phone in the morning lol :)

Latest posts

Back