First set of Sculptured Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I'm going to do my first ever set of sculpts tomorrow on a real person instead of the nail trainer. Any tips I should know about or anything I should definately not forget. I'm doing them on a friend and she knows it'll be my first set so I'm not nervous just trying to remember it all.

I used to just put the forms on without checking how they looked from all angles so theyd end up looking skewiff!!! then id spend ages filing them into a natural looking shape!!
so id say always remember to check the form is fitted correctly and has a nice c curve (that was another prob of mine!). HTH x

Hiya marie,

Firslt ensure your form is well and truly snug to the underside of the free edge. If your nail form doesnt fit exact, it may be that you need to shape it a bit by cutting a bit out of it. Then apply in layers if you are doing french dont just put 1 bead on for zone 1. Use the clients free edge as a guide to creating their new smile line. I always round my clients free edge so that the form fits under more easily. Dont forget to "seal" your sides so you dont get lifting at the sidewall areas. Finally when i have finished each nail and the product has set somewhat i use my thumbs to pinch the sides to ensure a really nice c curve. Hope this helps.

Michelle

Latest posts

Back