Flat brush for L&P Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if any of you used (and had success) with a flat / square brush for your L&P application.

I'm primarily a gel user ... I've got used to a flat brush. Just wondered if using a flat sable brush for L&P gave good control. Also, does it hold enough liquid in the 'belly' of the brush ... with it not really having much of a belly ... lol!!

Vicky

xx

the only thing with a flat/square brush would be your zone 3 application, when you do gel you can swirl the brush round if you know what i mean but with l&p you have to pat and surely it would be difficult to pat your zone 3 ball without the square edges touching the surrounding skin?
just a thought :biggrin:

I have had L&P applied to me with a flat brush before and the results were the same, i suppose its all in your technique. I presume the technician in question preferred this as she was more profficient in gel nails than L&P

I do Brisa & L&P but would not consider mixing my brushes!!

Hi

Yes .... zone 3 - I can imagine the flat brush not having much control around the cuticle area. Maybe I'm wrong - but ....

Possibly a little more control with an oval brush as opposed to a flat square one.

Anyone use an oval brush? Tell me your views.

Thanks

x

joannerowsell said:
the only thing with a flat/square brush would be your zone 3 application, when you do gel you can swirl the brush round if you know what i mean but with l&p you have to pat and surely it would be difficult to pat your zone 3 ball without the square edges touching the surrounding skin?
just a thought :biggrin:

i use ezflow grand artist oval 508 it is a size 8 brush, with it being crimped at the ferrel it makes a nice flat brush it comes to a point at the end which is like most sable brushes....the thing is like all of us have done you train your brush too work for you. people look at the brushes see them being pointy this is not the case though when your brush is trained it looks like it is nice flat and oval.....gosh i hope that all made sense.
any way i lurve my brush

Latest posts

Back