Flotation Tanks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizbit

Reaction score
Has anybody any thoughts on this subject?
Has anyone thought of offering it?
Has anybody heard any bad things?
I'd just be interested to hear the Geeky thoughts on this subject!

Has anybody any thoughts on this subject?
Has anyone thought of offering it?
Has anybody heard any bad things?
I'd just be interested to hear the Geeky thoughts on this subject!

Hi

I haven't thought of offering it as I'm mobile! However, I have tried one and it was 1 hour of pure bliss!

I should think the upkeep and maintenance would be quite high though. Surely you would have to change the water after every client to avoid cross-infection?

Hi, I think it would be cool to have one in your premises, I would love one especially when I'm set up to do colonic irrigation.

I have had one myself many moons ago, it was a strange experience, I went through every emotion from fear, paranoia to eventual peace.

No, you wouldn't need to change the water after every client, the salt & would stablise the water. And, you don't see gyms changing the water after people have been in a jacuzzi.

I went in one (well they called it a floataion tank)
I kept my clothes on and was wrapped in a blanket which was attached to the tank. It then lowered me in and the blanket also filled up with water so it was all around me but I was not getting wet. (hope i'm explaining this ok)

I was a trainee at the time ,I fell asleep and was sudddenly woken up by banging on the door, I had fallen asleep, the other therapists forget i was in there. I'd been asleep 3HOURS!!! HA HA:lol: total bliss

I was thinking the same thing!
Ive never had one but heard lots of amazing stuff about them. Been reading bits and bobs on the net and think i would like to maybe start up a little place that does the floating, massage and tanning as there isnt a float place near us.
It wouldnt be for a while yet though as im just qualifying in Beauty Therapy so hopefully one day...:)

You went in a dry floatation tank Carla and it is absolutely lovely. I would love one but at around £15k a bit too expensive for me.

Have you ever seen hat film Altered States - its quite old buthaving seen it alone would make me think twice!

Latest posts

Back