Foils - Help.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all.

Been busy practising with my glitter tips and came across some foils in silver and gold that I have never used.

Can anyone explain how these are used and I might be able to get some done for Xmas.

Thanks.

paint on a thinnish coat of foil adhesive wherever you want the design to be, place the foil over the area when the adhesive goes clear (if using white foil adhesive), rub over the foil with a cotton bud, gently peel off the foil and hopefully the design will be on the nail. seal with a top coat.
i used to get into a right old mess when i used foils, it can take some practise but they can look really beautiful.
good luck sam x

Foil leafing or metallic foils? Both used very differently....

Metallic foils as above. I spray a little hairspary before top coating, makes them last longer!

Foil leafing........ great for embedding into acrylic. Or just apply little bits to wet polish. Looks great for Xmas!

chocolate said:
Foil leafing or metallic foils? Both used very differently....

Metallic foils as above. I spray a little hairspary before top coating, makes them last longer!

Foil leafing........ great for embedding into acrylic. Or just apply little bits to wet polish. Looks great for Xmas!

Like the hairspray trick must try that one :wink2:

ive just got some foils today!! i can't do it right having awful trouble i just end up in a gooey mess!! anyone got any tips please??xx

Latest posts

Back