For those of you that stock more than one brand in your salon...........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkleberry

Reaction score
how on earth do you do it?! Im looking to take on 2 brands. I thought it would initially be really easy as I want one as a medical, more intense range and the other as a much more luxurious, spa range. Then I started thinking about it and Im getting rather flustered! I want to keep things nice and simple on my treatment menu and figured yep great, get results facials with medical range and body treatments with spa range........however a/ I cannot see any suppliers just allowing me to stock their range for purely body treatments alone as I wouldnt be retailing much and b/what if my clients dont want a medical facial (just to give you an idea, Im aiming for a medispa) but instead fancy something more luxurious and relaxing?Sooo.....do you stock 2 ranges and offer a huge range of facials or erm....what?!Wouldnt doing this confuse clients....how can I go about this?Sorry-Im tired, have been up all hours with my little one so not much is making sense atm, least of all me!!!!ARRRGGHHHH!!!!:irked: Im sure I will make much more sense with a little shut eye!xxx

Hiya

Check out Pure Fiji. They do fantastic luxurious natural body treatments and they let you tke on as much or a s little retail as you like. There minimun order is quite low too £550 ex vat. The website is Pure Fiji | Tropical Bath and Body Care

Ah thankyou Beautystar! I shall have a peek at them now!xxx

I have been an Aesthetician for 13 years. I only use one brand and have stuck with it the entire time. They have face, body and mani/pedi. It is a bit of a higher price product but you would be surprised to find how much people will spend to look good. All my long standing clients comment on the fact that I am still using the same product. I just say, It works why change.
I decided a long time ago not to compete with myself. You have enough competion from stores and other salon's so why do it within your own establishment? I have seen many salon's that carry many brands and they all keep changing them. The clients do not like that. They get used to a product and then the owner drops it for the new flavor of the month. Pick a great line and stick with it. If you have a lower price line and a higher price line they will pick the lower one just because they figure it must be good if you are carrying it. Lower price means lower quality and lower return on sales.

I agree. I am highly selective with product ranges and this gives clients confidence that I dont flog any old thing on special at the wholesalers.
Best thing to do is go to a show like Olympia beauty and try out alll the ranges showcasing there. Plus you will be able to speak to the company reps to find out if they are happy to provide you with parts of a range(some insist on quite onerous conditions before they supply)

Latest posts

Back