Free File & Polish Night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya Guys,
2mrw I am hoping 2 get through the front doors of a Care home, as I have offered a Free file & nail paint. As I am a mobile beautician and previously have not managed 2 get this of the ground. So I called around 10 homes offerring my service, and 1 said yes drop me of a leaflet n I thought I knw wat wil happen with that itl go straight in bin. Sooo I offered a free file n nail paint. Some may silly person :!: the way I saw it was get in there, n 2 succeed in business u have 2 bow down a little at times 2 stand tall eventualy. What I need some advice on is, when do I ask if they would like to book another appointment (a paid 1) I have left them a special offer price list along with my visit poster. I dnt knw whether to ask after finishing each person or so I dnt look desperate to call the home the next day? Please help :Scared:

I think its a good idea! what kind of home is it? for the elderly? if it is, it may be the matron/manager/senior carers that you want to be marketing to, rather than the individual clients.
good luck with it,
Kate x

I would say to the manager, I will call you in a couple of days and get feedback from you from the day. I wouldn't take individual bookings - the best thing would be to set one day, say every fortnight, to go and do everybody in that day.

When I worked at a residential and care home we had a girl who would come in every other week around 10am once everyone was up and dressed and had eaten breakfast etc and would stay till around dinner time.

Afternoons are generally filled with activities and people coming in to do talks/shows etc for the guests, so mornings would be better. We had a hairdresser who came in once a week and the girl doing the nails came in the same day, then everyone could remember she was coming and it would be like a mini pamper session for some of the ladies, getting their hair and nails done in one go..

Make sure you have just a few basic colours, so they wont be all day choosing, and most important - have a quick drying top coat to prevent smudges! :wink2:

Sorry If I have rambled a bit - but good luck with it and I think the freebie idea is a good one, like you say, it gets your foot in the door! Let us know how you get on.

ooh and if you can get into a chain of care homes, e.g bupa or anchor etc, the managers generally recommend you to other managers of connected local homes... which is always nice!

I would say to the manager, I will call you in a couple of days and get feedback from you from the day. I wouldn't take individual bookings - the best thing would be to set one day, say every fortnight, to go and do everybody in that day.

When I worked at a residential and care home we had a girl who would come in every other week around 10am once everyone was up and dressed and had eaten breakfast etc and would stay till around dinner time.

Afternoons are generally filled with activities and people coming in to do talks/shows etc for the guests, so mornings would be better. We had a hairdresser who came in once a week and the girl doing the nails came in the same day, then everyone could remember she was coming and it would be like a mini pamper session for some of the ladies, getting their hair and nails done in one go..

Make sure you have just a few basic colours, so they wont be all day choosing, and most important - have a quick drying top coat to prevent smudges! :wink2:

Sorry If I have rambled a bit - but good luck with it and I think the freebie idea is a good one, like you say, it gets your foot in the door! Let us know how you get on.

ooh and if you can get into a chain of care homes, e.g bupa or anchor etc, the managers generally recommend you to other managers of connected local homes... which is always nice!

Thank you, some great advice!!! However they didnt book, they said they nwould call back after a meeting, also that they did love the colors ni used and ladies were happy.:rolleyes:

give them a week or so then give them a call, see if you can pin down a meeting with the manager.. Unfortunately things like this are not a priority for them when running a care home and it can get frustrating as often something else will come up that needs the managers attention..

Try and find out who the admin/reception person is and get friendly with them, they sometimes have a say in who comes in and who doesn't :wink2:

Try other homes too - don't phone but actually go in to see them, but be prepared to leave a small easy to read covering letter and maybe leaflets/cards etc in case the manager is busy.

Good luck - Im thinking of doing this myself.. Just need to sort out a decent covering letter, introducing myself and what I propose to offer in way of treatments and how much I would charge etc.. and how I can be paid..

Some ladies will want to pay you direct, others may not have their own money and may be managed for them, in which case the home will pay you through money into your bank once they receive an invoice from you and then charge the residents in their monthly bill.
I worked in a large group and we sent invoices off once a week to the head office and they would pay the money into the therapists bank account.. so be prepared to wait a little while.

Hope this helps and gives you a few ideas - rambling again!! sorry lol x

Latest posts

Back