freeedge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lids pinkies

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me?:o ,
I havnt actually done anyones nails yet as im still learning l&p,
but was just wondering, when you do some1s nails do you file down the natural nail free edge and then apply the nail, as im a bit confused.:Scared: :eek:

Sorry that probably sound real dence!!!!!!:eek:
Liddy xx

Yeah. You file down the natural nail and round off the corners.

Yes, take the free edge right down or you will see it through the tip and I can asure you it will look nasty if the client is planning to have natural tips. However, it the client is going for a french look or varnish it may not be nesasary.

yep you file the free edge the same shape as inside the well of your tips, to get a good fit.

YOU ARE NOT DENSE!!!! If you don't ask how will you know?

It is really confusing when you start so dont worry ,the questions you are asking today,was my question not so long ago,and will be some-one elses tomorrow.Yes you do file the free-edge(end) of the natural nail when you are going to apply a tip.if they have some length,.Try to shape it round-ish, it will then fit into the tip-if for example you had one long nail and then one broken nail the 2 tips you then applied,would be totally different .So it really is a good idea to file them all the same length and shape before you apply those tips.However if they are a nail biter thats a whole different story!!!!
mrs o:)

But what about scupting??
Its not that often I get a free edge to work with!

Latest posts

Back