french polich

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma's nails

Reaction score
silly question coming up......... how do yu all do a french polish?

i always put a base coat on first, then the main colour. when painting say, white on the tip, do you use one stroke from left to right or do you do it in 3 stages middle left and right (nail plate to free edge).

i just cant seem to get that smile line using polish.....help me please.....???

Hi Emma

I'm a white tip first girl :D

Base coat
White tip
One swipe from side to side
tidy up if necessary (with Nailfresh or polish remover)
Main colour
Top coat
Speedy/Solar Speed spray
Done :D

There's been loads of tips on French manicure techniques, use the search option (top right) and you'll find some fab tips :cool:

Trin
xx

Trinity Nails said:
Hi Emma

I'm a white tip first girl :D

Base coat
White tip
One swipe from side to side
tidy up if necessary (with Nailfresh or polish remover)
Main colour
Top coat
Speedy/Solar Speed spray
Done :D

There's been loads of tips on French manicure techniques, use the search option (top right) and you'll find some fab tips :cool:

Trin
xx

Sorry to gate crash this thread, but can I ask you Trin, does the way you do it - white tip first, leave the tip 'murky' after applying the 2nd colour over the top? I haven't practiced many polished manicures yet and I know I have to do one at the end of the month so I too would appreciate your method clearing up?

TIA

Hi JCS

I also do my French Manicures in the same way as Trinity. The pink does take the brightness out of the whiteness but this is what my clients seem to like.

To keep the white nice and crisp you can apply the pink first then the white. I find my younger clients like it that way. From what I have read before neither way is right or wrong just preference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Nicki

I guess you wait until each coat is properly dry so they don't bleed into each other then?

if your coats of white are thin it takes seconds for them to dry, then you don't get a dragging effect.
x

I have a french manicure to do tomorrow and have been practicing my polishing lol
If you do the white first allowing you to be able to tidy up the smile line there are only so many colours that go over the white without ruining the colour -- so if you do the pink first and then white what if anything do you do to tidy up smileline?
I have searched for this but couldnt find the answer to this bit :)
Thanks xxx

You can still use nailfresh but quickly and sparingly, one sweep across seems to leave the pink left intact and yet still gives enough to tidy the smile line.

thanks jen x :hug:

I do pink then white as my pink (Orly Flirty Girl) 'pinks up' the white too much. It's such a fab pink though, couldn't do without it. The only time I tend to to white first is when I'm doing a shimmer white finish, in which case I do normal white, then the pink, then the shimmer white.

I've found that I can french manicure myself fine, but have problems on clients. I've realised that when I do my own nails I tend to hold the brush pretty still and actually roll my finger from left to right, so I'm now trying to replicate the same effect by rolling the client's finger. I haven't got it down pat yet, but I'm getting better results quicker (no more shouting at my mum going "why do you have to ask for french?! I hate french!").

I have a client for a manicure tomorrow so I'm going to go and practise on Harold in a minute.

Base coat
white tip 1 coat all 0
white tip 2 coats all 10
pink over all 10
top coat

I also use nail fresh or scrubfresh to tidy the smile line if necessary, just keep some in an old washed out solar oil bottle as these have nice brushes on them although i did prune it a bit .
HTH

scattyfox said:
Base coat
white tip 1 coat all 0
white tip 2 coats all 10
pink over all 10
top coat

Same as above for me.

I do white tips first then a pinky one....to make sure I get a pefect smile line I use a super striper brush to do a smile line...otherwise it looks like a 5yr old did them!!! I cannot get a good unwobbly line with other methods and I do not like guides.

hi i do it a bit different - i do two coats of white then stickey base coat then one coat of negliee and then top coat and that lasts nearly two weeks.

Latest posts

Back