Friends/Family that don't use you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyNyx

Reaction score
Do any of you have a friend or family member that won't use you for your services?

Do you find yourself judging everything they get done by their hairdresser?

I have a friend that has stayed loyal to her old salon, which don't get me wrong is FAB as it shows good loyalty etc ... but I always find myself judging everything she has done.

Do any of you get this?

LOL. My father's family are Irish Catholic, came to the UK in the late 1940's. I have 10 Aunties and Uncles, so you can imagine how many cousins that has lead to! If they all came to me I'd have a clientèle full of 'family discounts'. :lol:

Haha! I don't actually have ANY aunts or cousins...and there's only my granddad that has a sister and some nieces so luckily I don't have that much family to discount.

I ask because I always find myself looking at this friends hair and thinking .... deffo not what I would've done, or oh god why've they done that? Any of you do that?

My cousin still goes to her nail tech that she's been going to for the last 6 yrs & I would never expect her to come to me. The only time she did was when she had to cancel her app & couldn't get in with her before going in holiday

I do all my friends but I NEVER do my mum. She is also a hairdresser and we always argue - I know a few other hairdressers who are the same!

[QUOTE=del
Haha thats exactly the same as me!
My mum is also a hairdresser and she is a bloody nightmare wen I do her hair lol :)

Haha other hairdressers are fine for my mum but I always seem to do SOMETHING wrong haha!!

I do all of my friends hair. They are my walking advertisements. They tell theit friends who I now also do. I do my friends hair in my spare time when it suits me and although others would not want to give up their time I choose to do it because I love it and again they're my advertisements. I do give them mates rates but I do charge enough to cover my costs + a little extra.

I do service swaps with a friend who does my massages and I do his hair. We both save and get a good treatment. Friends are a good network just like clients. Any friends who I didn't do have asked me to do their hair once due to not being able to get into their regular and haven't left me since. They're my friends and I work my charm to get them to let me do their treatments when then never used to ;)

I won't be walked over though. My friends/family know I don't charge the full price but I don't undercharge for the convenience.

[QUOTE=del
Haha I think it's coz they feel like they can say wot they won't to us,
well shout wot they want to us! Lol Saying that my mum says wot she wants to everyone lol
She is barred from most hairdressers in Essex, she is terrible, she's like "wot is wrong with hairdressers of today, they never bloody listen" and I'm like no mother it's just you luv! Lmao x

Latest posts

Back