From pre bonded to micro rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leenie81

Beautify
Reaction score
Has anyone gone from wearing pre bonded extensions to wearing micro rings? I'm thinking of trying them as I've heard they are healthier for your hair

I've had both, I prefer pre bonded as they don't slip out the hair. Depending on what your natural hair is like? If it's quite thick and course micro rings stay in really well :)

I've had both, I prefer pre bonded as they don't slip out the hair. Depending on what your natural hair is like? If it's quite thick and course micro rings stay in really well :)
Thankyou . Do you think micro rings are less damaging?

Nano rings are 90% smaller they're better than micros, pre bonds pretty much are there till you get them removed, nano or micro ring can slide out but are easily replaced and you can reuse the hair easily with those, the rings tend to be silicone lined to protect the hair although all hair extensions do cause damage if they are not looked after properly x

Micro beads to me are less damaging because of the removal process. Bonds are removed with a product similar to nail varnish remover which I think is quite harsh on the hair, brushing out the remaining keratin glue also pulls on your hair.

so if your getting them removed often/every 3-months it is going to take a toll on your hair I personally think (I do extensions myself)., but yeah there okay if your not getting them done all the time constantly .

My old hairdresser did my bonds and even she said because I'm having bonds all the time I need to expect my hair to get abit thinner slightly .

Micro beads u simply just clamp the bead open the opposite way and they just slide out, no pulling on the natural hair at all. Yeah they may be not as secure as bonds but I don't see that as I problem. I never loose any more then 3 strands. Also love nanos but there's more maintanance involved so that's why I stick with Micros

Why not just try micros once see what u think and then go back to bonds if u don't like them:)

Micro beads to me are less damaging because of the removal process. Bonds are removed with a product similar to nail varnish remover which I think is quite harsh on the hair, brushing out the remaining keratin glue also pulls on your hair.

so if your getting them removed often/every 3-months it is going to take a toll on your hair I personally think (I do extensions myself)., but yeah there okay if your not getting them done all the time constantly .

My old hairdresser did my bonds and even she said because I'm having bonds all the time I need to expect my hair to get abit thinner slightly .

Micro beads u simply just clamp the bead open the opposite way and they just slide out, no pulling on the natural hair at all. Yeah they may be not as secure as bonds but I don't see that as I problem. I never loose any more then 3 strands. Also love nanos but there's more maintanance involved so that's why I stick with Micros

Why not just try micros once see what u think and then go back to bonds if u don't like them:)
I usually only have mine in 8-12 weeks as they annoy me so I'm thinking maybe I should try them. The only problem is I really like great lengths hair as I find other hair kind of sits in separate strands? It might be as I don't usually get many bonds . At the moment though I'm doing well for me with 40 bonds just for thickness and I've had these in about 8 weeks but I started with 75 and have taken lots out along the way [emoji85]my hair is super thin in the ends x

Latest posts

Back