'frosting' at cuticle edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
I never seem to have this problem on clients nails....only my own!!

Does anyone know why the acrylic might look 'frosty' at the cuticle edge, and it flakes off quite easily? Am I doing bead 3 too thin or what? On my own nails, for some reason, I have loads of trouble 'pressing' the l&p down at the cuticle edge, and it either looks too thick or it gets this funny frosty look.
The rest of the nail is fine, its just near the cuticle. Any ideas?

Hi Mandy,

the only times I have seen this look were either when my mix was too wet and also either a draft or the hands were cold.

Does this make any sense to you.

It does sound like lifting - which is one of the most common problems we all face.The main reasons are - mix ratio maybe you are working too wet??getting product on the skin - are you going too close in the cuticle area Zone 3??Have you preped enough ,leaving oils or contaminents can cause lifting,and as you have suggested yourself.are you pressing the product down enough so that it can bond to the nail plate - difficult when trying to do your own nails.HTH

hi

thanks for those ideas. It could be because my hands are cold....i tend to warm them round a mug of hot water before i start, and by the time i get to do my cuticle edge, my hands are too cold! i'm gonna have to try pressing it down onto the nail plate more as well...for some reason i always find that more difficukt to do on myself :irked:

mandy_moo_64 said:
hi

thanks for those ideas. It could be because my hands are cold....i tend to warm them round a mug of hot water before i start, and by the time i get to do my cuticle edge, my hands are too cold! i'm gonna have to try pressing it down onto the nail plate more as well...for some reason i always find that more difficukt to do on myself :irked:

Hi, l to have only had this problem when a clients hands are cold, its so annoying!! make sure you turn up the heating! ;) xx

hot water bottle under a towel on the desk works a treat for cold handed clients

joannerowsell said:
hot water bottle under a towel on the desk works a treat for cold handed clients

What a brilliant idea!! Gonna give this one a try....hope they don't laugh at my tiger cover too much !!!!!!!! :D :D

Latest posts

Back