frustrating waxing systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hovis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i'm new to the site but have been practising beauty therapy for a number of years. I am getting really frustrated with the current waxing sytems and was wondering if anyone else feels the same?
I think i've used most of the systems at one point or another but each has it's own flaw.

For example, i was taught using the pot and spatula. When at college we were told to use the 2 spatula method. Since working in industry i've found no one else does this and its not time efficient. To just use 1 spatula woudl be unhygienic practice.

With the roller system i found they cooled to quickly causing the skin to drag and they are no so hygienic as i frst thought as the rollers go all the way round therefore contaminating the wax.

Tube and applicator systems were great for hygiene but again they cool to quickly, i found i became stessed using it especially once i was half way through the tube.

What are everyone elses thoughts? What do you feel is the best system to use?
Any replys would be appreciated.

I use Pot & Spatula and Roller. The secret to any wax system is good quality product, and to my mind Perron Rigot is the best. For example I could cover an entire back in Wax before removing it, the same for a leg. It doesn't dry out on the skin so comes off easily.

Pot & Spatula
I don't double dip, use disposable spatulas with a simple rule "Dip it, apply it, throw it away". Gets rid of any hygiene concerns and speeds up wax timings.

Roller
I use Roller for when I need to get the client in and out in a hurray, or I'm doing legs. I currently use a Hive Mini Multi Pro heater, but I'm about to add one of the Perron Rigot hand held heaters to my collection. I can then use the Hive one to pre-heat the wax, and then keep it warm in the hand held as I use it.

Latest posts

Back