Full colour + foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meechie

Reaction score
Help please!
Also I just joined here.
Anyways, my situation is...

Back when I was in hair school there weren't many opportunities for us to do colour and foils at the same time, most people wanted one or the other, so the only way I know how to do it is colour first then foil after. I've tried to do a flood in between but I've had minor bleeding.

I have an interview in a few days where they want me to do both at the same time. This is for a full service salon and so far I've only worked at a cuts only salon so I don't get much practice with my colours other than friends and family and they don't need both at the same time either.

What is the best/most efficient way of doing foils and full colour at the same time.

Additionally my model is blonde, and they want for hi-lights, so if I'm doing the rest, should I use 10 vol so her hair doesn't go super platinum or something?

Please and Thanks for the comments/help
-Michelle

Yes, use a slightly lower volume than you would for straight highlights if you are using bleach.

There are 2 methods to flood. One is to higlight first, then starting at the nape, colour in between with tint or semi. This is probably the easiest method, but you need to be quick getting the foils in to prevent overdevelopment at the back.

You can also take your section, weave, clip the weave out of the way and tint the rest, then place the weave in a foil and apply the h/l colour. This is a good method for hair that takes quick with bleach. You do have to work very clean and neat with this method though, as you must only get tint on the section you are working on, no slapping it around or overlapping!

Back