Full crystal pedi... Set in resin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xhoniebunnyx

Hair, Beauty and SPMU
Reaction score
Hi Guys!!!

I've been testing different methods of setting the crystals on my pedicures to see how well they last. I'm avoiding top coat as this is dulling the shine on my expensive swarovski's! :eek:
Shellac works quite well but as with everything else i'm rapidly loosing gems after a few days. Nail adhesive would be stronger but it dries too fast, as I need to cover the entire nail plate with gems before i set it.
Some one mentioned they used resin and activator and it worked great, without needing a top coat. Does anyone know if this works and which resin etc to buy?
Sorry I went on for sooooo long, I've been searching for an answer with no luck!!!

PLEASE HELP:!: xxxxxxx

You can use adhesive but in small sections at a time. I have not tried the resin and activator yet so i cant comment on that.

very very good question...i would be interested in offering this service in my salon BUT would like to be confident in knowing that the gems will stay on...Anyone know what nails inc use when they apply them??

Thank you, I will try adhesive in small setions and see how it goes. Just hoping to find an easier solution that needs less stop starting iygwim!

Seems adhesive will be stronger and the bling really BLINGS without a top coat:lol:

xx:)xx

We need a nails inc insider!

I use star resin and activator and found they last a good two weeks. done em on a few people now just working in bits and puttin a bit of resin on at a time and then crystals.

very very good question...i would be interested in offering this service in my salon BUT would like to be confident in knowing that the gems will stay on...Anyone know what nails inc use when they apply them??

Sarah Valentine, the creater of the Swarovski Crystal pedicure from Nail Inc tells what they do on the link below (number 125)

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/115526-crystal-pedicure-gave-go-9.html

xhoniebunnyx - not sure if you have read the above link but that may help you too x:hug:x

I was wondering the same thing about the resin. I went to get some out my fibreglass kit the other day, I was going to give it a go but found the resin all dried up :irked:

I think I will invest in some more and see how long they stay on.

How would you remove it? Just soak it in acetone?

xXx

Yeah what happens when it dries up? No good i guess!!!

Also, what goes on first? Do you need to apply a base coat or layer of gel first before applying the resin? or would the base coat prevent it sticking to nail plate as well? making them come off sooner iygwim?

Glad I finally asked u guys for help... I'm much closer to a solution now!!:hug: xx

Yeah what happens when it dries up? No good i guess!!!

I thought it had just clogged the nozzle but when I took the lid off (took about 1/2 hour, some pliers and lots of swearing lol) nothing came out, it had just solidified in the bottom :irked:

When I get some new resin I think I would do it like this: apply base coat and nail polish to nail, apply resin, stick on nail art, then spray with activator.

If there is a different/better way to do this, please correct me! :)

xxXxx

i've used resin for it just on big toes, i did cuticles with cuticle remover then wiped over with nail pure plus, applyed resin then crystal then when the nail was covered i used the activator spray.

2weeks on and i still have every crysal

did a friends the same way today (all 10) and the only problem is when the resin is just applyed its not sticky for a few seconds, then you've got about 5secs while its sticky to apply crystals then its compleatly dry. i literally got 1 or 2 crystals placed then had to re-apply resin.
it took forever!!!!!!!

nice result tho but i'm hoping to find an alternative to resin

Well I've had a go yesterday on myself and a mate using brush on nail glue because I was finding the same as the rest of you with regard to the dulling with a topcoat.

I've done a whole thumb and the tips on fingers and toes so we'll just see how long they last...! Very interesting to see what variations people get to work.

Well I've had a go yesterday on myself and a mate using brush on nail glue because I was finding the same as the rest of you with regard to the dulling with a topcoat.

I've done a whole thumb and the tips on fingers and toes so we'll just see how long they last...! Very interesting to see what variations people get to work.

Did you take a photo of these? Would be lovely to see, I havent seen it on the fingers before. x:hug:x

Did you take a photo of these? Would be lovely to see, I havent seen it on the fingers before. x:hug:x

Not yet! If they last until tomorrow then the camera will be out though. Did them on nails because I'm doing wedding makeup in a couple of weeks and a manicure for the bride and thought that a few across the tip of the ring finger would look really nice for her.

So far i've worked doing makeup and nails, fed and watered a 5 year old and 8 month old, done copious amounts of dishes, showered & washed hair, gone swimming and the usual housework and they're still on.... we wait with baited breath! xx

Latest posts

Back