Full-head highlights on red hair.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrismouse

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a client coming in for a consultation today regarding full head highlights & also having that 'dipped' bleach effect on her ends. She wants to move away from red & be blonder globally.

Now, I'm not being ginger-phobic here but I have avoided this up until now because when I see women out & about I never think it looks nice. It always looks a bit rhubarb & custard. This is not to mention how the regrowth looks.

My red-haired clients have full head tints with colours that compliment, deepen & enhance their natural red colour & it looks amazing.

My question is: What are your thoughts? Is there a way of lighten the hair in a more subtle way that compliments?

She was insistent on the phone that it had to be full head so it seems that she might not take no for an answer & I will have to turn her away.

Any thoughts/help guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

I would say if she was insistent, and for the colour to look good and compliment her and for it to work! she will need to have 2/3 (full head) colours through her hair and then choose shades to compliment. You are the hairdresser, you know what works so be firm. :) I say this to you and I should practice it myself lol but I get clients like this and I know how hard it can be sometimes :-/ I have a lady that has red hair and I do full head (v.fine) foils in 3 colours and it looks fab!!! :)

Thanks for the good advice! Much appreciated. :D

i would never turn sum1 away, i would try my hardest to speak sense into them and if they continued to insist, i would do the service and if they complain remind them THEY wanted it. . . some folk wont be told . .

hi you could try a balayage technique ( which you can find out how to do on youtube) this way she would have the dipped effect on the ends and a natural effect on the top and she can gradually add more if she wants, its very low maintenance too as it looks great even when the roots are growing as there is no obvious regrowth line. i used this on my mum to take her from dark to light gradually and looks fab. hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back