Full set time for Brisa sucks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hmm I can't figure out for the life of me why my timing sucks on any type of applicaiton for Brisa, I just cant get it down.

2 hours for a full set! :o
1:45 for a RB
and wait for it 1:30mins for an infill

I just don't seem to be getting any faster - do any other L&P technicians find this or am I unique :|

Where is it in your breakdown timings are you finding you are taking longer than l&p? Normally new gel users play with it when they apply - because they can - so rather than whacking it on and moving onto the next finger. They fiddle and play till the cows come home instead of getting on with it lol!!

Hi Louise - I did my Brisa induction last week and I was so bad that I haven't plucked up the courage to have another practice. I found it quite demoralising as it is kind of back to square one again. It is probably due to the fact that the application technique is so different from that of L&P. I'll need to have another go soon.

Hi I too take longer to do Brisa gels. I don't know why either. There seems to be more work to it. I have another gel and that only takes 1hr 30 mins there does'nt seem to be so much fiddling and removing the inhibition layer and filing for the gloss. Do you have to use the clear gloss on top or could you just use the pink and remove inhibition layer, buff over and apply top gloss?? lisa

Sassy Hassy said:
Where is it in your breakdown timings are you finding you are taking longer than l&p? Normally new gel users play with it when they apply - because they can - so rather than whacking it on and moving onto the next finger. They fiddle and play till the cows come home instead of getting on with it lol!!

Well overall really - as I hardly have to file I shape prior to curing so more time on application less on finishing but gel gives me that luxury but surely I should be faster as no filing or buffing required.! :confused: .

I will have to get a stop watch and try and time myself from the stages and see where its all going slow

lisa breddy said:
Hi I too take longer to do Brisa gels. I don't know why either. There seems to be more work to it. I have another gel and that only takes 1hr 30 mins there does'nt seem to be so much fiddling and removing the inhibition layer and filing for the gloss. Do you have to use the clear gloss on top or could you just use the pink and remove inhibition layer, buff over and apply top gloss?? lisa

Hi Lisa

I dont really have to buff I wipe the inhibition layer off once pink is cured and if there are no dips I apply the UV glossy top coat - it must be my overlay that's taking my longer

So you don't always put clear gloss on unless there are any dips? i thought you had to do white gel on tip, 2 pink, 1 clear then top gloss. No wonder I take a long time!

Fab Freak said:
Hi Lisa

I dont really have to buff I wipe the inhibition layer off once pink is cured and if there are no dips I apply the UV glossy top coat - it must be my overlay that's taking my longer

No Lisa , I always put the UV Glossy Top Coat on or they wouldn't be finished - it would be like not buffing your L&P application

I never said I didn't apply the UV top hun your confusing me - see above :)

Hi Louise,

For this same reason I invested in another lamp so at least both hands can be curing at the same time.

Lou x

So long as your not in a solon and on PAYE I don't think it really matters how long it takes, so long as they are a good set. I did a gel set only last night and it took me 2hrs 55mins. In between chatting etc. I always take a long time to PREP the nails as I don't want any lifting. Sometimes this can be a full manicure! My ladies always comment on the standard of care and they go home fully satisfied and don't really worry about how long it takes. :rolleyes: I really must try to cut down on my time thought!!! :green: Jules

Fab Freak said:
No Lisa , I always put the UV Glossy Top Coat on or they wouldn't be finished - it would be like not buffing your L&P application

I never said I didn't apply the UV top hun your confusing me - see above :)
Sorry I am not very good at explaining. Do you put a clear gel over the pink before putting top uv gloss on?

lisa breddy said:
Sorry I am not very good at explaining. Do you put a clear gel over the pink before putting top uv gloss on?

Only if there are any dips to fill :)

Latest posts

Back