Full Time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayres

Reaction score
This was posted in another section and didnt realsie this business one exsisted until i was told so it may be more suited here.

Hi everyone,

I am posting this on behalf of my gf. She recently had to had her notice in at work due to child comitments. She completed accrylic nail course last year and had a regular amount of customers mainly friends and family. As it was only a part time thing there was no real need to advertise to get more business.

Now this situation has come up so she needs more work and i am hopefully going to help with the marketing side of things. Now my question is what is the best way to get new business in this market. The way i see it is that most people who have there nails done are generally happy with who they currently go to. She doesnt drive so it would be a case of customers coming to her. She is also practicing gel nails and nail art at the minute from what i read on the forum a really old post said that not many people have made money back from nail art that was posted in 2003 is this still the case today that people like the look of nail art they just dont want it themselves?

The way I think she should market new business is maybe to offer loyalty cards which will give customers a free set once they have filled the card. Now as you can probably guess im no expert in this field so i could be way of the mark as to how to get new business. So i guess the question is if you were a customer what would entice you to switch from one person to another? My gf is cheaper than most places but this might come across as a dis-advantage to some people as they may think she is not as good....etc

Your thoughts and comments are much appriciated.

Mark

Latest posts

Back