Geeg, Ruth? Probs with fabric....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
I'm flummoxed.........

Had my model in last night to try out my Fabric try me kit.

She had a gel NNO which I removed, trimmed her nails to apply tips and followed the Fabric instructions which I did to the letter.

My problem arose after I'd used Bond, applied and blended tips and began applying the silks. The silk went on OK, I didnt contaminate it and was very carefull to leave a margin etc. My second coat of bond immediately lifted the silk and it floated around and didnt dry. Seeing there was something very wrong I tried using a very very small amount of bond on the other nails and made a big effort to apply it slowly but the same thing happened.

I managed the full set in the end but a good few hours later and only after I'd used Build to get the silks to lay flat.

It was absolutely fine on Alice (my nail trainer) and the results were fab.

Can anyone help me understand what happened?

emmad said:
I'm flummoxed.........

Had my model in last night to try out my Fabric try me kit.

She had a gel NNO which I removed, trimmed her nails to apply tips and followed the Fabric instructions which I did to the letter.

My problem arose after I'd used Bond, applied and blended tips and began applying the silks. The silk went on OK, I didnt contaminate it and was very carefull to leave a margin etc. My second coat of bond immediately lifted the silk and it floated around and didnt dry. Seeing there was something very wrong I tried using a very very small amount of bond on the other nails and made a big effort to apply it slowly but the same thing happened.

I managed the full set in the end but a good few hours later and only after I'd used Build to get the silks to lay flat.

It was absolutely fine on Alice (my nail trainer) and the results were fab.

Can anyone help me understand what happened?

YOu have to apply Bond very very thinly or it will lift when it gets too wet.

Drain the brush before you apply your second coat.

hth

Louise's tip is fab, it can take some getting used to if you've not had a fibreglass system before, you also have to be careful not to handle the silk or fibreglass.
another tip might be to apply a very thin coat of Bond after you've applied and blended the tips.

Thanks guys, I'll try anything, never had this happen to me before and I've been using wraps for years. I wont let Fabric beat me. Gonna give it another go.
Thanks

Yes Sandi is right, apply another layer of bond over the blended tip, let this air dry, the bond has to be completly dry or else the silk will go for walkies, then apply your silk, press it down afterwards with the backing paper.....
If it still goes for walkies try using the other end of you silk strip....so you know it is complete clean and uncontaminated....... but you can also use a layer of build over the blended tip, let this air dry and then apply your silk, this has worked for me in the past really well ,then saturate it with the bond, nice and slow and not to much.... sometimes less is more xxxxx
HTH

Latest posts

Back