Color correction help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quinngirl11

Reaction score
Hi!
I began a color correction level 2 with pieces of blue throughout. I tried a color eraser (not much happened but I figured I’d give it a shot) I lightened the hair and toned the hair but knew this would not be a on session situation as she wanted a neutral level nine look. The blue chunks ended the day a light pink and some of her misshaft and roots ended with a pink/light red tone. Some of her ends are very ashy as they originally where bleached and colored blue a few months ago. I return to my adventure tomorrow and I am decideding between all over lightener again with olaplex and toning after I see the result or baby lights throughout toning with some green to get rid of reddish hues outside the foils .... so on... would love some opinions on toners or techniques. She has more hair then I have ever seen, thick and straight and tangled easily. I usually use wella but recently began using L’Oréal dialights. Thanks a bunch hope u can help me have less nerves :) and I’m licensed and 12 years experience justhave not run into a pink/red situation before.

Hi!
I began a color correction level 2 with pieces of blue throughout. I tried a color eraser (not much happened but I figured I’d give it a shot) I lightened the hair and toned the hair but knew this would not be a on session situation as she wanted a neutral level nine look. The blue chunks ended the day a light pink and some of her misshaft and roots ended with a pink/light red tone. Some of her ends are very ashy as they originally where bleached and colored blue a few months ago. I return to my adventure tomorrow and I am decideding between all over lightener again with olaplex and toning after I see the result or baby lights throughout toning with some green to get rid of reddish hues outside the foils .... so on... would love some opinions on toners or techniques. She has more hair then I have ever seen, thick and straight and tangled easily. I usually use wella but recently began using L’Oréal dialights. Thanks a bunch hope u can help me have less nerves :) and I’m licensed and 12 years experience justhave not run into a pink/red situation before.
Wow sounds interesting. What level is the hair now? It sounds like this is going to take a while to get to a neutral level 9.
It would be a good idea to categorise everyone colour visible on the head, and treat each colour like a separate head of hair. Foil work will give you much more control with combating the multiple tones.
Do you happen to have a picture?

This was her hair after color remover, lighter and a toner from black/blue

I tried to send photo it said it was to large... I went back today it is not perfect perfect but it’s a buttery blonde with some light light brown low lights the Chunks of pink that came from no where are fainter. I had her google the stuff she originally used and the reviews where crazy I’m thinking this “midnight blue may have been the culprit some part wouldn’t take while other couldn’t handle toner for more than two min it was something I have never experienced and I have done a lot of color corrections and blondes... pink just kept coming out of no where which seemed weird bc she had blue

Was it a popular brand of direct dye semi?
When diy-ers use blue, they’d apply it to untoned freshly bleached hair with the inevitable consequence that it will go a yucky green.
I’m wondering if the direct dye brand add some red to the mix to prevent this happening?

Splat I believe? She put on virgin, precolored, and old highlights. They must have done that it was so strange.

Oh dear, Splat is a bugger to remove.
I like it because of it’s longevity, but it stains something chronic.

I’m so glad you said this bc the whole time I was working on I just felt like I was doing something nag wrong... her mom was like so much for washing out in seven washes lol

Latest posts

Back