Geeky Workshops in Cardiff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem

Reaction score
Hi all

Apologies for starting another thread but for some strange reason naturalnails has taken it upon herself to close my thread before any Welsh geeks could respond to my questions.

I have PM'd her to open the thread but haven't had a response and having waited several hours I'll start another thread.

So..... my question is a simple one. Are Geeks in and around the Cardiff area interested in learning from fellow Geeks who are kind enough to give their time freely to improve skill levels across the industry ?

If you are please come out of the closet and stop lurking and tell me. Vanessa and I are happy to offer our facilities to host such events, but only if Geeks are going to make the effort to come.

So please reply with your thoughts, if the moderators allow this thread to continue. I was a bit surprised the original got stamped on as I would have thought Salongeek was fully supportive of CPD and Vanessa, Andy and I had nothing to gain from promoting the event, but there you go.

Looking forward to your responses.

Regards

Mike

I would love to go but I always work on a Monday and I have already used most of my 23 days holiday! Mostly on training already and until I'm rich and famous (or at least rich) I can't afford to give up my hellish (and very badly payed i might add!) day job! Lx

I would love to go but I always work on a Monday and I have already used most of my 23 days holiday! Mostly on training already and until I'm rich and famous (or at least rich) I can't afford to give up my hellish (and very badly payed i might add!) day job! Lx

What do you think would be a good day for this type of event. We would probably be prepared to do Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays if whoever is training can do it. We'd avoid Thursday, Friday, Saturday as they are busy times for us and other geeks.

Mike

Sun or Tuesday would be better for me cos I have one of those off every 3 weeks but monday is the day all of us are always in - it is just the busiest day for me! But I'm sure its probably best for most ppl! Lx

Mike, I have been trying to think of reasons why geeks haven't been stampeding to book this fantastic event, and I was wondering... maybe there aren't many Welsh skin geeks? Just a thought. I could be wrong.

Also, and I'm kind of thinking aloud here.. there is a school of thought that if it's free, it ain't worth anything? Obviously this is totally not the case, but maybe if you'd asked each attendee for £200, they would have thought, 'WOW, this is going to be some event! I must get myself into hock!! :lol::lol:

Just one other thing and I will probably get a little slap on the wrist from Andy for saying this, but WHERE IS HE??? WHERE IS HE??? Maybe if he were showing his face a bit more often, lighting up out lives, lol....

Nothing was stamped on...its just that we have a new home for threads about events...http://www.salongeek.com/group.php?groupid=34

I understand that. If you read the thread that was closed you will see that this isn't really about a specific event at all, the thread was about my concern that there is apathy in Geeks in our area towards geek workshops.

I have a not unrealistic expectation of moderators to read and understand the thread before they make a moderation decision. If the thread was in the wrong place, move it, but don't close it. If you re-read the original post it is pretty clear what the thread is about and I was asking for feedback on why such a well attended workshop run in other areas was of little interest to Geeks in Wales.

By closing the post this stopped me getting the feedback I requested.

I've been waiting for 7 or 8 hours to have the post opened.

I don't think this is good moderation but I'm happy to understand it from the moderators perspective.

Regards

Mike

Nothing was stamped on...its just that we have a new home for threads about events...http://www.salongeek.com/group.php?groupid=34

I've had a look at the link and it looks like a great way to hide an event. As we are on a forum would it not be more sensible to have an Events forum where people can discuss things ?

I can understand that you don't want people advertising commercial stuff but why would you want to hide Geeky workshops in this social group ?

Mike

Apologies for starting another thread but for some strange reason naturalnails has taken it upon herself to close my thread before any Welsh geeks could respond to my questions.
Your statement is totally untrue...
Firstly, naturalnails did not take it upon herself to close the thread, the moderators are discussing the reasons you might have for questioning people as to why they didn't turn up...
...and secondly, why do you think it's your right to ask why people didn't turn up? Not all waxing therapists in Wales are members on this forum!

I have PM'd her to open the thread but haven't had a response and having waited several hours I'll start another thread.
We all have lives outside of the site, we all have to earn a living and the site moderators don't get paid for helping out! Maybe a bit of patience would have been better than to criticise a member of the site so openly?

By closing the post this stopped me getting the feedback I requested.

I've been waiting for 7 or 8 hours to have the post opened.

I don't think this is good moderation but I'm happy to understand it from the moderators perspective.
See above post!

I've had a look at the link and it looks like a great way to hide an event. As we are on a forum would it not be more sensible to have an Events forum where people can discuss things ?
We are not hiding an event, the Events Group has been publicised and is a sticky thread that's there for every member to view/read/reply to.

I can understand that you don't want people advertising commercial stuff but why would you want to hide Geeky workshops in this social group ?
Are you seriously telling me that after members have been to a free waxing workshop that they're in NO WAY enticed to purchase the products? Nobody, and I repeat NOBODY travels miles and miles at personal expense to do a workshop without having some sort of 'plan' in mind

And on that note I really see no reason for this thread to continue...

What business is it of anyone elses that therapists didn't turn up?

It's bad enough that Samuel's site gets abused enough as it is without giving the members the third degree as to why attendance figures are so low at workshops.

Any further correspondence can be sent to the moderators via a private message and not via the public forum.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. you forgot to tell us that you're a distributor of products and training! I rest my case!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back