Gel french manicure look! . . . . .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow girl

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to tell me, how they would create a french manicure look using gel. Ive heard different methods, and unsure as to what would be the easiest really. Someone told me they put clear on, scrape the tip away and fill with other colour. Ive also heard people paint white tip on! ! !
Hope you will be able to help and clear this up. THANK YOU :wink2:

hi

do you mean as a natural overlay or as a sculpt or tip and overlay?

Natural overlay: prep nail one layer of clear cure, apply white gel to free edge and shape smile line in and cure, another layer of clear (making sure you build in c curve) cure and finish.

sculpts: prep and apply form bonder cure, white gel cure, clear gel x2 cure and finish

Tip and overlay : prep apply tip and blend, bonder cure, white gel apply white gel to free edge and shape smile line in and cure, another layer of clear (making sure you build in c curve) cure and finish

depending on the brands used as to which routine to follow.

HTH

Hiys...what gel are you useing ? different gels have different methods.

I use Brisa and do whole nail in pink, then paint on white (this is another gel) then whole nail clear,

xxx

Thank you both. Im doing my VTCT course at the moment. So the gel is pretty cheap stuff supplied by the college. I meant blended tip with gel overlay. Will try what you said,

Thanks again

do you mean a white tip, if so dont blend just lightly buff with a white block. Or use a natural tip, blend then go over in clear..this give natural french look. HTH xxx

Latest posts

Back