Gel Infills .... HELP !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I don't know about you guys, but I much prefer to apply a full set than do infills - at the moment I do anyway !

I am having a few probs with gel infills. There's no lifting between infills, and my preparation is good.

However, when I start filing - I use a 180 grit file - I find the enhancement lifts a bit as I continue. This makes the procedure seem a lot harder than it should be and to be honest, makes me anxious and a bit nervous too.

H-E-L-P !!!! :cry:

Im with you on this one Karen! Hate infills at the moment as im struggling to get them looking as good as they did when they were first applied. Have you read Gigi's rebalancing tutorial? that helped me a lot.

Me too, i read the thread and its also helped me see where i am going wrong, i have been leaving a infil line cos it was applied to thick in the first place, i'll keep practising though. xxx

Thanks Sherrie. Thanks Angie.

Not only have I read it, I have printed it out and have pinned it to the fridge, so that I can have a read every time I feel like making a cuppa !!!

Hopefully, with lots of practice and Gigi's fantastic tutorial to guide me, my fear of infills will be no more.

Hi, you could try a finer grit file like a 240, gel is really easy to file down and a 180 might be a to tough on the gel, l really hate infills too but they do get better xx

Most creative and artistic people Karen, love the thrill of the creation and the maintenance is maybe not so exciting (at first). But in time, you will get just as much satisfaction in maintaining a set that looks like a new set every time.

Maintenance is a challenge but very satisfying. As problems become less with experience you will enjoy the process more and your clients will love you.

When I left the salon, nearly all my clients commented that they would miss (not my full sets), but the problem free maintenance. They tell me that most clients are still going to the other technicians in the salon, so I must have taught them something!! :D

Thanks also to Angie and Gigi.

I don't know what I'd do without this fab site - I know I can always count on my fellow geeks to help me out with a question or two.

Just wanted to agree that a 240grit is almost definately the way to go.
I think I remember you saying you used biosculpture?
I also use Bio, and I think that cos it's so soft, it doesn't take much to disturb it, so use a 240 very gently and you'll probably find it so much eaasier!

Rebalances can get really stressful when you're working so hard to buff away at more and more lifting, that's been created by the filing you've done! Now i really quite enjoy rebalancing (for most clients!) and its loads quicker!

Sorry, I know this repeats much of what;s already been said!!!

x

hi guys,

just reading your comments as i have the same problems!

where do i find the rebalancing tutorial? i cant find my way very well around this site!

thanks!

look in premium geek, then select tutorials.

Latest posts

Back