gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
does anyone use gel polish on natural nails, i need to know how durable it is ? :D

do you mean coloured gel overlays, or something completely different?
Not sure what you mean by gel polish... sorry hun!

I use biosculpture coloured gels and they're very durable!

let me know if this is what you mean and i can try and give more info....?

x

angel fingers said:
does anyone use gel polish on natural nails, i need to know how durable it is ? :D
Hi
If you mean gel overlays, biosculpture is good. It comes in quite a variety of colours too - and can soak be soaked off easily!

Hi

Biosculpture is excelant, you can also get non-soakable colour gels like light elegance, another soakable one i can think of is calgel.

i can only speak as i find and the only one i have tried and am very happy with is biosculpture.

i have some ibd and some light elegance. both good on my gel extensions but am looking to grow them off and wear just gel polish. will this be enough to support my own thin nails?. also looking to offer the gel polish as a service for manicure clients, but i never use anything i haven't trialed on myself first.

Hi

are your nails thin naturally? or have you thinned them accidently yourself?

naturally i'm afraid, though like most of us ive had moments when i havent helped the situation coz i'm none too accurate when i have to use my left hand to file !

angel fingers said:
naturally i'm afraid, though like most of us ive had moments when i havent helped the situation coz i'm none too accurate when i have to use my left hand to file !

My nails are exactly the same!

I find the colour gel (or clear with white tip) is perfect for giving my own nails strength - and biosculpture is so flexible it's brill for overlays.

Most of my clients have overlays to grow their own nails - and love 'em!!

hi There ,

You are fine to wear our gel polish over your natural nails . You need to prep your nail as you would normally,apply boner and cure then apply two layers of gel polish. If your nails are really thin then you would be best to apply bonder followed by a thin layer or our Reconsructor and then your gel polish . Hope this helps. :D

Karen
Light Elegance UK

hi peeps i was wondering if anyone could give me any opinions on comparison between bio coloured gels and ibd? i have some ibd coloured gels which i find very good and wondered if it was worth having a go with some bio coloured gels or are they much of a much ness? any info muchly appreciated! ta :D x

Hi Angel Fingers

Ibd on natural nails is fantastic, always use bonder first then a thin coat of clear gel, then colour on top (place ontop of the sticky layer - do not wipe clean). You may wih to use two coats of colour dependent on the depth you wish to achieve. Then finish with either ultra seal or the new intense seal which requires no wiping as there is no dispersion layer.

Nickki

You can not compair IBD with Bio sculpt.

The reason for this is because Bio is a one phase gel - all components are in the one layer ie primer base layer builder and topcoat. Bio is also a soak off product, the strength of the product will be different to IBD as it needs to be porous enough to soak off.

IBD is a buff off product. Complete different animal.

May I question, if you find IBD very good why are you thinking of trying another brand. If it works why fix it? Especially the expense adding Bio would create. The two products would completely conflict against eachother.

I used to use Calgel which is of a similar make up as Bio Sculpt, and to be honest now that I have found IBD I just wouldn't swap. The strength and flexibility you get from IBD is second to none and with proper application you will never experience lifting.

I hope this info helps

Gina,

I've sent you a pm

I felt sure i read that iBD was a soak off gel! learn something new every day! :lol:

I have the IBD gel polish. Was told to do two thin polish like layers of colour, but when I do the thin layers, I find they shrink when I cure them under the lamp.Am I doing them too thin? Just how thin / thick should each layer be? I am kapping the nail.

Latest posts

Back