Gel Splitting Vertically

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Would anyone have any idea as to why gel would split vertically from cuticle to white gel smile line and stop there?

Two nails have split this way....

My friend got a week out of them until this happened.

it's probably because of acetone, polish remover, scrubfresh etc coming into contact with the tip.
I get that a lot on my own nails when working on clients, 9 times out of 10 it's because I put too much scrubfresh onto the lintfree pad and it runs all over my nails, eventually causing splitting.

hmmm... i've just re-read your post and think I've got it all wrong... do you mean that there is no splitting on the free edge at all? just on the nail plate area?

Yep! Just on the nail plate area.

Last week I did 3 sets and this is the only one I've had come back on....I've been checking everyday because I work with the three girls.

I did a set on her before they were all off within 4 days - she is very heavy handed - could this have something to do with it?

i thought she may be biting them from side to side, but I would have thought the free edge would have split if she were doing this? Have you asked her what she's been up to??? lol

Aspirations said:
i thought she may be biting them from side to side, but I would have thought the free edge would have split if she were doing this? Have you asked her what she's been up to??? lol

I don't even want to know lol, she's a very mischievous girl

It would split right through to the tip of the enhancement if she bit it!

I have a habit of doing this and it hurts too!

Latest posts

Back