Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol lisa so true we always get screwed over here with the delivery!

Hi ladies, I am after a bit of advice.

I did my training a few weeks ago so I am still at the practice stage! I am having trouble removing gelicure. I can see from this thread that maybe part of my problem is using Step 2 over the full nail - although this is what I was taught.

Can I ask what products you are using to remove the gel? I have both non acetone remover and Nubar cleansing solution as provided in the training kit. My trainer said you could use both so I have tried both but they both seemed as ineffective as each other.

I am still left with some colour on the ends of the nail and I am too scared to buff it off as I keep breaking my own nails when I do it to mine.

Yes just use step 2 on the tip of the nail, I was taught it this way and seems to work for everyone here :)
I use the cucumber remover by nubar,that's what was recommended by the tudor on my course :hug:

I'm not sure then, must just be the prep 2 causing the problem?

I had so many problems with removal and have finally cracked it thanks to advice on here!
Defiantly only use step two on the free edge and buff top coat to break seal also doing one finger and prep at a time works wonders 😊
I'm rocking with it now! 😃

I still can't get Gelicure to last on clients! What am i doing wrong!?! X

What do you mean by not lasting?

I still can't get Gelicure to last on clients! What am i doing wrong!?! X

We can't tell you what you're doing wrong, if we don't know what you're doing lol.

Let us know your application steps, and someone can help from there x

Well i do everything as i was taught, file, prep, step 1, step 2, base, colour, colour, top. Curing for the right time, capping all layers, doing it thinly. I feel like i am doing it correctly. Do you get your clients to wash hands before? Or do anything else to ensure no peeling or chipping?

Gelicure Geeks
Been doing Gelicure since July now and no problems in fact clientele has increased because of it lasting so long yet last few new sets have either chipped on free edge or are just peeling off, to be precise chipped x 4 peeled off x 2
What could be the reason :( bit disheartening as look great and all very happy but within a week have had the above issues???

Gelicure Geeks
Been doing Gelicure since July now and no problems in fact clientele has increased because of it lasting so long yet last few new sets have either chipped on free edge or are just peeling off, to be precise chipped x 4 peeled off x 2
What could be the reason :( bit disheartening as look great and all very happy but within a week have had the above issues???

What lamp are you using and are all your bulbs working correctly?

Ladies, do any of you dry brush your base coat before adding colour coats? I've noticed that some of the darker colours, black, vampire red etc pull back from the free edge. I have noticed on some of the gelish threads that geeks talk about dry brushing the base coat so that the colour has something to "grip to" - does anyone use this technique with Gelicure?

What is dry brushing?

Ladies, do any of you dry brush your base coat before adding colour coats? I've noticed that some of the darker colours, black, vampire red etc pull back from the free edge. I have noticed on some of the gelish threads that geeks talk about dry brushing the base coat so that the colour has something to "grip to" - does anyone use this technique with Gelicure?

I use Gelicure and Gelish. I have never tried dry brushing the Gelicure but I've not noticed it pulling back particularly. I often forget to dry brush my Gelish and I never notice a difference anyway!

Might be worth a try if you often notice shrinkage, you've got nothing to lose.

Frankie: Dry brushing is wiping a dry clean gel brush over the basecoat after it has cured to give it a little more of a key.

What lamp are you using and are all your bulbs working correctly?

All are working but maybe bulbs are due a change?...... I use 36w uv lamps.
Am currently looking into changing to LED but Gelicure don't have a specific lamp so may contact them on which wattage to get

All are working but maybe bulbs are due a change?...... I use 36w uv lamps.
Am currently looking into changing to LED but Gelicure don't have a specific lamp so may contact them on which wattage to get

I contacted them a few months ago but they don't recommend any LED lamps at the moment. I think Juicy Lucy uses a Harmony lamp. I originally bought an LED lamp from Ideal Hair and Beauty when I bought my inital Gelicure but it didn't cure properly so I took it back and changed for a UV one. Jox

Lucy, what do you mean by a dry gel brush?

I contacted them a few months ago but they don't recommend any LED lamps at the moment. I think Juicy Lucy uses a Harmony lamp. I originally bought an LED lamp from Ideal Hair and Beauty when I bought my inital Gelicure but it didn't cure properly so I took it back and changed for a UV one. Jox

Juicy Lucy what wattage is ur led harmony lamp please that u use? X

Juicy Lucy what wattage is ur led harmony lamp please that u use? X

I currently have two of the Harmony 9G lamps which are 9 x 5 Watt bulbs, so 45 watts altogether. They are excellent.

I think I will treat myself soon to the new 18G five finger Harmony lamp.

I currently have two of the Harmony 9G lamps which are 9 x 5 Watt bulbs, so 45 watts altogether. They are excellent.

I think I will treat myself soon to the new 18G five finger Harmony lamp.

And you use this to cure your Gelicure? As time is much quicker I'm thinking I only need one of these though as will be cited by time I do next hand?

Latest posts

Back