General hello and queries! =D

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurelia

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone on this forum!

I hav been a member for a lil' while now and have been reading your threads etc but would like to know just a general summary of opinion. I hope to be taking a nail extension course at the Nail Course Academy in Erdington, Midlands UK (http://www.nailcoursesacademy.com/) but would like to get some feedback on this tuition, is it worthwhile? Many of you have mentioned that you have trained with 'Creative' either initially or at some point in their career, is there a website available because I couldn't find one?

Also, what suppliers do you use for your materials? At the moment I have been using different sites for different materials such as powders, nail art etc but is there a wholesale site I can order good quality products from in one go?

Im sure you have answered these questions sooo many times over, so any help would be very much apprciated!

Thanks v v much!
Laurelia x

Hi Laurelia and welcome to the site. I'm sure like many others you will find this site invaluable. There are experts here that can help with any query, problem or advise you might need.
As far as the Nail Course Academy in Erdington goes I can't help you much there as I don't know of it. I did take a look at their website but I wasn't impressed I'm afraid. The following sentence was enough to cause me some concern:
"Only one day is needed to learn each system and you will then be qualified to apply your chosen system on the general public."
You'll be investing in your future so invest wisely. There are many good courses out there, do some research, talk to companies, get some feedback. Many members of this site have wasted a great deal of money on poor quality training.
Call Designer Nails on 0113 275 0433 to get the Creative Folio which outlines all of their courses. This company was awarded best training in the UK so that says alot doesn't it.
HTH

Thanks very much for your replies, the main attraction to the Erdington one was its location, about 15 mins on the train from me, and it is a very low-cost course, probably for a reason lol!

There are sooo many websites, courses, and suppliers out there Im glad I have help from people in the know!

I did both the acrylic & uv gel course at the academy in Erdington and my personal opinion is that it was very basic training and I didn't really learn very much...I left there as a qualified nail technician with two certificates and not at all confident that I could do a set of nails...Also I bought the full kit and was not happy with the quality of the products at all...after that I went to college to do a nail technology course and I really enjoyed it and learnt so much more as well as becoming totally confident in my abilities...

This is just my personal experience and so others may have more positive opinions...so maybe you'll have to try it for yourself and see...

best wishes anyway...and good luck!!

Latest posts

Back