Getting a job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacqualine_

Reaction score
I'm a licensed nail tech and am still in school to get my full cosmetology license, but in the mean time I'd like to work in a nail salon. This would be my first "real" job so I'm not really sure how to go about it seeing as most of the nail salons in my area are asian and the resorts and spas usually want at least 2 years experience. Any ideas or suggestions?

It's real difficult when all you see is signs asking for years experience, I was so stressed looking for somewhere that would take me on with no experience. I sent my cv off to spa and explained I just wanted any hours just to gain experience and they got Me in for a trade test and said its fine me not having experience!! So maybe just send your cv off to different places and in your covering letter just say you are flexible but just want to gain some experience. Good luck :) x

Thank you so much! That's a really good idea, I'll definitely have to give it a shot!

That's okay Hun :) they was saying that you need a job to gain experience but most places won't give it to you, they said it's it's the best time because it's all fresh in your mind and they can re train you how they like you to do thing :) good luck!! X

Latest posts

Back